Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Default Bard in Dreadlands

Again, a bard lost control of his train in dreadlands, but this time, I had a Tolapumj robe on a mob I was charming. I got run over in 0 seconds flat, and lost the robe... Do I have any recourse, or way of getting it back?
Old 05-19-2016, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Just thinking, why would you give the mob a tola robe and not a Mith 2hander or just use pet haste, you know when that breaks with spell haste, that is going to be one nasty charm break. Sorry for the loss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just thinking, why would you give the mob a tola robe and not a Mith 2hander or just use pet haste, you know when that breaks with spell haste, that is going to be one nasty charm break. Sorry for the loss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's usually fine, I was in a group with 3 guys, everything was very under control. Just instantly died before I knew what was going on. They even had a deal with me they would kill him if I went LD.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

It might be petitionable, but I think the GM's would see that as an added risk and not a glitch that you lost the robe knowing that there was an inherit risk. Its worth a try but I doubt you might get it back. Best thing is have the bard reimburse you for the avg price of the robe and settle it mutually.

Alternatively, you could have the bard PL your alt's for whatever the going rate is to make up form the time, just a creative thought that doesn't force him to come up with cash right away and could repair the situation ^^
Last edited by kgallowaypa; 05-19-2016 at 01:40 PM..
Old 05-19-2016, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Yeah good plan, but the bard either died or zoned into KC, which is why every single drolvarg went onto our group.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, a bard lost control of his train in dreadlands, but this time, I had a Tolapumj robe on a mob I was charming. I got run over in 0 seconds flat, and lost the robe... Do I have any recourse, or way of getting it back?
It's an accepted risk every time you give the robe to a pet. For future instances, though, just make friends with more mages.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's an accepted risk every time you give the robe to a pet. For future instances, though, just make friends with more mages.
I understand the risk, but how can I account for 100 mobs suddenly attacking me? It's not something I could control.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand the risk, but how can I account for 100 mobs suddenly attacking me? It's not something I could control.
A bard can swarm a pack of mobs right across you and not have agro drop because the agro is on him. I don't think a mob will drop sufficient agro to get a cheap-shot at you when you are medding, thereby causing social aggo. Of course if he ran to zone and the only exit from the zoneline back to their pathing spot is from KC, then that's different as social chain agro will cause that haha.

its all in context of where you were when you died.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bard can swarm a pack of mobs right across you and not have agro drop because the agro is on him. I don't think a mob will drop sufficient agro to get a cheap-shot at you when you are medding, thereby causing social aggo. Of course if he ran to zone and the only exit from the zoneline back to their pathing spot is from KC, then that's different as social chain agro will cause that haha.

its all in context of where you were when you died.
He definitely died or zoned.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

If you died before your pet died, your pet still has that robe and you can hunt him down and kill him for the robe back.
Closed Thread