Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

I've met some terrible bards in the 50s who are trying to group for the first time.

Don't be one of those bards.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've met some terrible bards in the 50s who are trying to group for the first time.

Good grouping bards are great. I was one on live and I have seen a few on p99. My next toon will be a grouping bard. Swarming is for the bees...
Old 05-20-2016, 07:39 AM
Kobold

Wouldn't happen on Red
Old 05-20-2016, 08:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

+1.

Also, if you are a bard and don't get why people dislike you when you decide, "Yupp, this entire zone is mine and if I die and train you, you should be more careful LOL." GMs might not do anything but people remember the moron running around with a swarm for 10 minutes.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1.

Also, if you are a bard and don't get why people dislike you when you decide, "Yupp, this entire zone is mine and if I die and train you, you should be more careful LOL." GMs might not do anything but people remember the moron running around with a swarm for 10 minutes.
I had a bard that trained me....he ran his entire kite over mobs I was killing and they agroed on me....so when he died, they came back.

But then, he started to blame me for it!! He made up that I had "taken from his pull" :| It was crazy.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:49 AM
Sarnak

Why don't the devs break bard kiting? It's not how the original devs intended the game to be played - get bard swarm powelevel to 45 and get Chardokked to 60.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

Bard swarming represents an easy chance to peel four mobs for a quad with the temp flux. Nobody disrupting a zone has a right to complain, though people tried. I just reply "quit being greedy" and leave it at that.

I grouped with a good bard once in p99 though, it was amazing.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard swarming represents an easy chance to peel four mobs for a quad with the temp flux. Nobody disrupting a zone has a right to complain, though people tried. I just reply "quit being greedy" and leave it at that.

I grouped with a good bard once in p99 though, it was amazing.
Better hope those bards don't die or you'll be dead before you realize what happened
Old 05-20-2016, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Better hope those bards don't die or you'll be dead before you realize what happened
I keep SOW on while I quad, and I tend to gate to Gfay to med up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And it wouldn't surprise me at all, because the kind of person who disrupted a whole zone swarm kiting probably does things like train people regularly on purpose. There is a level of schadenfreude to what they do.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a bard that trained me....he ran his entire kite over mobs I was killing and they agroed on me....so when he died, they came back.

But then, he started to blame me for it!! He made up that I had "taken from his pull" :| It was crazy.
Aye, that's the mindset these players have. The game, the players, it is theirs or there to serve them. Sadly GMs won't do anything and since the same kind of players knows this they will keep doing it. Even had certain bards in the past taunt people in zone during and guess what, GMs dont care about this either.

Moral of the story, assholes be everywhere, and most bards I've come across will actually leave mobs up when they see ppl hunting in the area... But there is always that one bard which ruins the evening for everyone and that's the one we remember.
Closed Thread