Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember back in the day (2010) a bard friend and I wondered if quadding dwarfs in BB would be too rude because of how long it takes for a bard's songs to wear down a mob's HP, you monopolize spawns for a considerable amount of time.
lmao, how do you live?
Old 05-23-2016, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

DL worst place to level, go to CoM problem solved.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You talk about dying a LOT to various situations. Have you considered that maybe you were/are just terrible?
You talk a LOT about bards. Have you considered you hardly seem to be an unbiased observer? And ya I'm/was terrible. Running in circles is way too hard for me, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, wouldn't you find it odd that quad kiting / pbae spells existed if people were unable to do such a thing? I can't tell if you're trolling.
Speaking of trolling, is this like the third time you've claimed I said something I never said? Not sure, but it's getting quite tiresome nonetheless.

Quote:
Weird, this guy had no issue either as a level 9 bard back in 2001. He must be delusional too, right?
Wow, 2 years after release bards find they can kill 3 mobs at the same time.That's totally the same as swarm kiting dozens of mobs. wher is the follow up post of " yo man, that's nothing I was kiting 15 aviaks in SK) The post you present is actually good evidence swarm kiting wasn't viable in 2001. The same year this server is locked in, I might add. Thanks for supporting my argument with contemporary evidence,though.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe you had cleric friend to make up the deaths you would've been routinely subject to. Wizards have less HP, wear toilet paper, usually have crap defense skill since they avoid getting hit at all costs, and will generally be working with Jboots back then. That makes the window of survival that much smaller for any lag spike. You can probably tell your fairytales to your fiends, but not to someone that was actually playing then. We will throw that right in the BS bin.
Are you talking pre-2000?

I quadded all the time 2000 onwards on my druid,and died 0 times due to lag spikes,I LD death a few but thats about it.

Gummab 60Shaman
Talomin 60Rogue
Cazoo 57Monk
Grummab 54Warrior
Ebroma 52Ranger
Sickbag 20Cleric
Old 05-24-2016, 04:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Am I the only one who is highly amused by the thought of a Drolvarg running around somewhere in DL wearing a green dress?

Yeah, yeah, I know it doesn't show. But I can't get that image out of my head.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, same here. My first toon was a bard, and I got him to 46 or so, then quit. In the earlier period of the game, people were generally more considerate to one another (with exceptions obviously). Even if monopolizing zones were a strategy, I would never have done it. I remember back in the day (2010) a bard friend and I wondered if quadding dwarfs in BB would be too rude because of how long it takes for a bard's songs to wear down a mob's HP, you monopolize spawns for a considerable amount of time.
Seems like that would take a real long time for the exp compared to going to a zone with more mobs.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Why is "swarm kiting" with social aggro purposely broken? Whereas AoE kiting is still allowed? Swarm kiting was classic too, where you would charm one of them, have all of the other mobs beat it within an inch of its life, break charm, and then dot the old pet down. This used to be called "Swarm kiting".
Old 05-24-2016, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Why is "swarm kiting" with social aggro purposely broken? Whereas AoE kiting is still allowed? Swarm kiting was classic too, where you would charm one of them, have all of the other mobs beat it within an inch of its life, break charm, and then dot the old pet down. This used to be called "Swarm kiting".
I think it's hard to program aggro correctly. That's the reason. You essentially have to run a train through your charmed mob who you sent to fight one of the mobs in the train. Otherwise, traditional "swarm" kiting doesn't quite work.

However, when it does work, and you run like 30 mobs through your pet, it's hilarious how fast the pet dies.

With the current aggro system, you can charm kite by grabbing two mobs, switching which one is your pet back and forth, and having them fight each other. This was how I used to farm plat on Seafury island. Alternatively, you can grab a higher level humanoid pet, give him some weapons and maybe a mage haste mask, and chain snare another mob with your pet beating on its back. The Dino in OOT with weapons rips through seafuries in like 10-15 seconds. He also indifferent to everyone, so you can't train anyone.

Bards are so fun with pets.
Last edited by zanderklocke; 05-24-2016 at 01:28 PM..
Old 05-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Again, a bard lost control of his train in dreadlands, but this time, I had a Tolapumj robe on a mob I was charming. I got run over in 0 seconds flat, and lost the robe... Do I have any recourse, or way of getting it back?
Welcome to Norrath.