Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-09-2020, 02:05 PM
Banned

Default Run speed with agility over 75 should remain normal on PCs

Run speed with agility over 75 should remain normal on PCs

Agility: Agility determines two thing in your rogues life, what your Armor Class bonuses will be, and thus how often you will be missed. Another word of caution, Agility does not determine how often you will dodge, or parry, or reposte, just armor class bonus. An example: With an Agility of 110, my Wood Elf Rogue gets 23 points of Armor Class from putting on an armor class 15 small banded tunic. The second thing that agility determines is when you will start to slow down from being overloaded. An example assume you have a natural agility of 130 (Only possible with a Halfling or Wood Elf) and someone casts a spell on you that raises your agility to 150. Also assume that you have a natural strength of 65. You will not start to slow down until you are carrying 86 pounds of stuff. This is because every pound of stuff that you are carrying over your strength reduces your agility by one point, and with each agility point loss beyond your natural agility, you start to lose a small percentage of speed. So being overloaded in the above example, would not have effected you (Other than by dropping off some of your bonus Armor Class points) until you had more overloadedness than you had points of bonus agility.

https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...55-rogue-guide

Quote:
Agility - Only important to not be encumbered while low on stamina or hitpoints. You MUST keep this stat at/above 118 to avoid death march (decreased speed as a result of lowered agility at dangerous health levels) at any low hitpoint level and at/above 123 to avoid AC penalty (75 AGI nominal level) at any low hitpoint level. After that AGI has only a small effect on AC for PKing. So keep it at/above 123 at all times and then focus on STA and STR.
https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...ogue-community

This is exactly how I remember it working. I feel like maybe it slows down a little bit on blue and red 99 when encumbered above 75 agi? Encumbrance shouldnt hurt till it brings AGI below 75, then it should really start to penalize us. Can anyone confirm if this is how it works or not?

My memory is classic, and I am a diehard EQ nerd, u can trust me on this one.

Also, people could pick pocket gems from undead frogs in guk... But that got nerfed sometime before velious i think, maybe right before kunark.

The bolded text is absolutely correct and how it should work. *Sits down at tabletop with a change my mind sign taped to front*

*this is meant to be a serious post, I just cant help being humerous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yess this is bugged, I am not able to strafe run a zombie with 83 agility, 105 agi + 85/60 weight. I should definitely be able to strafe run away from the zombie until I hit 74 AGI

I am surprised this is the case... I never bothered to test it before today. Otherwise you would have definitely known about this in 2010.

Please fix this ASAP as it is a huge nerf to rogues and rangers. Bress (brell) Brad.

If I could time travel I would have a bard chase cam me and show you a youtube video on fraps, but obviously that is not possible.
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-09-2020 at 02:29 PM..
Old 04-09-2020, 02:47 PM
Banned

One more citation after a few hrs of google searching with the before:2001-12-31 modifier etc... sorry internet is full of bit rot ..

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=974

Quote:
RE: Reply to Lets just face it
#Feb 19 2003 at 2:12 PMRating: Default
nuuet
21 posts
you're right on one aspect of agility it does not make you Neo on the matrix,.. however you neglected to reaserch a little further into agility ,... It also effects Movement... yes movement,,. ever wonder why you move slower the more you carry,.. your agility decreases the more you carry, hence slower movement.. so while a strength and spirit of wolf let you move while encumbred,. adding an agiliy buff would be just as effective...
8-) , Nuuet of Terris-Thule
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (89.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 04-09-2020, 02:47 PM
Banned

I think this is the best I can do outside of some real life necromancy. I really hope you guys appreciate this. It's serious business to me. Would love anyone elses support on this as well.

This is pretty much a core and fundamental mechanic, that probably is still more or less the same on live servers now and likely never really changed.