Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

I would love a reset also, only because I just kinda started actually playing and am only like level 9...so that would make getting groups alot of easier if everyone started over =) It be nice, doubt it would happen though. Someone should make a poll though and see how many people are against it.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've found my swimming doesn't raise at all if eq isn't the active window, ie i can't just autoswim whilst web browsing.
I don't think it has to do with being the active window, it has to do with movement.

You wont get a skill up if you are staying in one place while in the water, even if you have autorun on and are facing a corner. At least that's what I have been noticing.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it has to do with being the active window, it has to do with movement.

You wont get a skill up if you are staying in one place while in the water, even if you have autorun on and are facing a corner. At least that's what I have been noticing.
that would make sense, if you want to raise swimming i guess afk in oot is the way to go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 04-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Large Bat

Reset sounds good actually but no big deal either way. Im sure not all of the plat exploiters got banned.

On another unrelated note ive ran into a few people duel boxing because they think that because they have 2 different IP's thats its "safe". When questioned one of them claimed it was their GF playing the 50 druid bot but she was "afk" alot. LOL rightttt.... I would have tried to turn him in but it was in the middle of ddos attacks.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drubu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When questioned one of them claimed it was their GF playing the 50 druid bot but she was "afk" alot. LOL rightttt....
Technically, he may not be lying if he's referring to his right hand.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Orc

how many days has it been sence it went down?
Old 04-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Aviak

too many.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

2 days 21hours and 14 mins

but who's counting...
Old 04-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 days 21hours and 14 mins

but who's counting...
and i thought I was an addict...
Old 04-10-2010, 05:28 AM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't care. But that's probably because none of my characters are over level 8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think most people would probably want to keep their characters. A poll would kill the doubts.

I don't think it matters though. If i recall, a wipe won't happen, but a new server might. I, personally, don't want to see two servers because I don't think we have near enough players. The lesser zones are still pretty much empty. This indicates to me reduced population because i 100% recall blackburrow being PACKED FULL almost constantly. I recall seeing people everywhere during live in 99, trying to find something (anything) to kill for exp, and that's not the case here. We got a long ways to go to increase our population. All those extra players are good because - they help eachother when they bump into one another. (For example, if I got a peice of cloth armour I looted, and see someone needs it, i'll give it to them instead of selling it.) And when Kunark and Velious come around, there'll be many additional zones and all the players will be spread out more - worsening the situation further. Breaking up the population into two servers wouldn't help i don't think.

I don't see how a wipe would effective. Ya, it would clear the economy of all the duped junk and exploits, but those things can only go so far once patched. It's true that damage has been done, but wiping the server might do more damage, hard to say. It's hard to gain someone's trust, but losing it is easy. I think this is similar. If you wipe, you could lose people's trust in your server. Why play here if you're just going to wipe their character?
Last edited by stormlord; 04-10-2010 at 05:59 AM..
Closed Thread