View Poll Results: What is your Favorite Expansion Pack
Ruins of Kunark 75 58.59%
Scars of Velious 44 34.38%
Classic all the way baby!! 9 7.03%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

I never played Kunark or Velious, booooo. Or Classic, for that matter.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

I never raided either so Kunark was by far more fun for general use.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest, I didn't spend much time in Velious dungeons so I'm basing this opinion purely on the outdoor environments.
Even now, what, six, seven years later, the memory of the first few forays into Velketor's Labyrinth STILL makes me shit peas (yes, I'm afraid of heights)!

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Old 04-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i wanna say both ... kunark for the awesome zones, new spells, new levels etc. and velious for the raid targets ... thou i voted for kunark ...
Kunark gets my vote. Between OS, outdoor dragons, VP. Each freakin hell level 51-60 in which I finished most of 59 as a cleric soloing LDC's in solb with a manastone, ah it felt good to get out of that level..
Old 04-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Orc

Classic all the way because it allowed anyone to access content regardless of their playtime/style; the introduction of "special" zones for the elitists only (IE VP key and Sleepers key) was the decline in EverQuest in my humble opinion. Without such restrictions, (catering to the "hardcores") I feel EverQuest would have lasted a lot longer in terms of popularity.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Large Rat

Kunark > Luclin > Velious
Old 04-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Large Rat

Kunark was my favorite, though a lot of the dungeons weren't used very much. Sebilis and Karnor's both occupied me for a huge amount of time. There was also a nice variation in outdoor zones (not just white)

Velious i remember grinding faction and farming some kinda armor turn-in gems. That and fighting dragons that were walking down hallways that were way too big for them to turn around in.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

I loved both of them, almost equal. Sebillis was my favorite dungeon; karnor was nice too. But i voted for velious: Ringwar,Kael, ToV, Dragons, Sleepers tomb, the whole faction/gear thing....i love velious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Kunark has always been the favorite.
I picked velious however, because that was when I really got into the raid scene, and loved it.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Velious

Kunark introduced one of the best dungeons around (Sebilis). However, it also brought us the nightmare train of KC. It moved the auction area of EC tunnels to LOIO. It brought us 10 extra levels to grind and a new race appearing where everyone made iksar monks and necros, epics and useful clicky armor. However the major problem of Kunark.....still overcrowded and overly camped (Trakanon anyone?).

Velious brought us rotating faction wars (Coldain, Tormax, CoV). Gave us the nasty slippery ledges of Velks complete with traps. The script that was supposed to be impossible to work (awaken and kill the Sleeper). But best of all, it gave us the amazing drops of NToV. It finally gave us enough room to breathe despite the drama of NToV rotations, who was FiF for Tormax/Vindi/AoW, getting eaten by Woushi at WL port in, etc.
Closed Thread