Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

32k HP pools are precisely why wiz are king right now though.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:39 PM
Banned

Wizards aren't meant to do consistent dps. Wizards even out damage spikes and smooth the group out.
For instance I only nuke mobs that hurt the tanks. Casters where AC doesn't help. A mob that's beating the shit out if the tank. Healers that are healing. And of course gates. And a wizard adds more than just.damage. My root CCs a melee mob just as well as mez.

People get so concerned with steady dps. It's necessary but it won't stop gaters consistently. Or checks. Or runners. Having a good wizard that realizes a wizards true role is an asset to the team more than another afk rogue spamming backstab while they watch Netflix.
Old 12-14-2020, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

I really enjoy the role of a wizard in groups because it feels like it requires a shitload of situational awareness. I’m trying to not have aggro, I’m trying to manage my mana, I’m ready to throw out a quick root, I am ready to blast on a nasty foe, and I have to stay ready to get the hell out of there if shit hits the fan. It is very satisfying when it all comes together, and I don’t really get why people won’t invite me to groups when they have open spots. I guess it’s hard to fix a bad reputation.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah like LLanos and Doody said, being a wizard is bad ass. When you have your mana full you feel like a total stud and you know you can handle pretty much any 1 thing. You can root down an entire zone if you have to or you can blast one guy, loot him and GTFO. With a group you bring a lot of utility. When a pull gets weird you can basically executioner style murder 1 mob if you have to and the group can just pretend that mob never even existed.

Every wizard should keep a list of groups that don't let them in and remember never to port those guys or evac them.

It sucks because wizzies are now often just the product of a high end guilds need for DPS they will just powerlevel up a wizzie to have to kill kunark dragons nice and quick.

Kinda like how the opposite (cleric) also gets boxed and abused and its utility and greatness is downplayed as a result.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-14-2020, 10:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by svevin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's with the super low Rogue numbers?
Class kinda blows pre-epic.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:13 PM
Sarnak

I think the problem with wizards getting non-guild groups is the high Druid population. Wizards are known mainly for two things, nuking and porting/evac. Druids can do both of those but they can also snare, dot, heal, buff, DS and harmony.

I've always noticed that Druids are more welcomed to groups while wizards are more welcomed to guilds/raids.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 12-15-2020, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the problem with wizards getting non-guild groups is the high Druid population. Wizards are known mainly for two things, nuking and porting/evac. Druids can do both of those but they can also snare, dot, heal, buff, DS and harmony.

I've always noticed that Druids are more welcomed to groups while wizards are more welcomed to guilds/raids.
What group have you been in where you needed to evac? Unless the group is terrible or you get a pathing glitch you’re never gonna need that haha
Old 12-15-2020, 01:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What group have you been in where you needed to evac? Unless the group is terrible or you get a pathing glitch you’re never gonna need that haha
if you doing a group in a zone like seb where you cant just run to the zone to escape the

mobs

you'll want someone who can evac, its a pain in the ass to get your bodies back naked

I remember it took me and my guildies like 45 minutes to get our bodies back

at efreeti camp and we were all naked

it blows man
Closed Thread