Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Default Can't see any servers, then get timeout error. Help?

I launch like usual and login, then it shows the server select screen with no servers available (isn't loading, just no servers there, the text displaying all the expansions is scrolling and I'm only able to exit). When I try logging back in again I get a timeout error.

I have relaunched the client multiple times and restarted my computer and restarted my router. Any advice?

I'm itching to exp! Please help if you have any suggestions, thanks.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like a connectivity issue - this usually happens to me if my connection is being throttled or if I'm using all of my bandwidth. Are there any other devices connected to your router, wirelessly or otherwise? If something else on your network is hogging bandwidth this could happen - you can find out if this is the issue by connecting to your router's configuration page and changing your network password. Could also be caused by a weak wireless connection if you're connected wirelessly. Also, when you reset your router it's a good idea to disconnect the internet line for a good five minutes so that you'll be assigned a new IP address when you reconnect.

If none of that works, I'd call your ISP and have them run some diagnostics on your connection.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:33 AM
Planar Protector

Great advice Paul, I'll give those a shot. I'm still having issues unfortunately, did some digging and apparently there is an old Rogean thread asking for trace routes for people having issues at server select or getting in game then booting from zoning. That was back in 2015, so not sure if still relevant.

I ran some trace routes but didn't capture the output yet. I'll try leaving the router off a while and see if that helps. My wife typically watches netflix and/or has her phone & computer wi-fi on, so could be some culprits. Just odd that I'm able to load web pages in a browser but not connect to p99 server.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great advice Paul, I'll give those a shot. I'm still having issues unfortunately, did some digging and apparently there is an old Rogean thread asking for trace routes for people having issues at server select or getting in game then booting from zoning. That was back in 2015, so not sure if still relevant.

I ran some trace routes but didn't capture the output yet. I'll try leaving the router off a while and see if that helps. My wife typically watches netflix and/or has her phone & computer wi-fi on, so could be some culprits. Just odd that I'm able to load web pages in a browser but not connect to p99 server.
Not odd at all. Its how the internet works. You personally still have internet but you are having issues connecting to p99. Just because you can connect to other websites doesnt mean anything when you are trying to connect to p99 as it is a different connection you are trying to get.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Orc

I'm getting this too, just now. The thing is, I was logged in and playing, I camp to play another character and the screen hangs...which never happens to me. So I force-quit the program and try to log back in. Now I can't get to any of the EQEmulator server list. From neither me or my wife's machine...and we were both playing fine earlier this morning.

No connection issues on my end and no way am I being throttled (business account, unlimited bandwidth etc etc). Been playing on here for over 2 years, first time this has ever happened. I have a feeling that the EQEmulator login servers are having a problem? Then again, if other people are having no problem logging in, it _has_ to be on my end somehow.

It logs in sometimes, but no servers are listed on the "Server Select" screen.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:41 AM
Fire Giant

Same problems here, connection issues, some time doesnt pass to server selection, server list clear when I get to there ...

All internet and other games on network work properly.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Skeleton

Having same issue as others here. I log all the way into server select but its completely empty and the play button is greyed out. I do get a timeout occurred error if i try to press any other the non greyed out buttons like chat or new or credits.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Orc

Ok, so not just our personal connections. Maybe their restarting or updating their login servers.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:01 AM
Fire Giant

same as above, you guys all east coast?

Have a friend on the west and is having zero issues
Old 08-08-2016, 09:03 AM
Fire Giant

<---- Europe here