Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

I hate this thread now
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats complete garbage. Tell the truth, you're just trolling now. I still play on live and you do not go up to a groups corpses and start looting them all at their feet in front of them
If its freed up then yes, you can.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalora [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There have been a lot of changes, but one thing that's never changed is loot being free to the public once private looting rights expire. The concept that something is considered "ninja looting" if someone outside of a group ever loots something is not classic and a custom rule only on this server.
Please don't pretend to know what's "classic" if you don't have any knowledge of it. It is not only a rule on this server, it's a standing social rule from the old days of original EQ (which I and many others here actually did play during that period of time).
Old 05-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please don't pretend to know what's "classic" if you don't have any knowledge of it. It is not only a rule on this server, it's a standing social rule from the old days of original EQ (which I and many others here actually did play during that period of time).
I'm talking about official rules, not subjective social etiquettes that you may or may not have felt during your own personal experiences.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalora [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm talking about official rules, not subjective social etiquettes that you may or may not have felt during your own personal experiences.
It WAS an official rule. People ate suspensions for it. I don't know if that's still the case now or if they just stopped caring on live like they did with a lot of things, people do that on live now and it's still ninja looting, someone complains that you looted a rare drop before they had time to kill everything in camp and a GM WILL speak to you about it eventually and make no mistake, people WILL hate you for it.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:47 PM
Kobold

Here's a fun few questions.

Is the person banned?

Did they get in trouble for doing this "ninja looting"?

If they did then why are y'all still wasting internet?

If they didn't then keep on whining, if I killed a mob and forgot to loot it for what 4 mins and someone runs by and takes the stuff I'd send a tell and ask if it can be returned.

would I be pissed? heck yeah.

would I petition? No cuz it's my own fault for not looting it.

The fact a major guild whines about it is kinda annoying, how many more alts or ppl need their epic in a major guild? And not to mention velious is still a ways away so just recamp the mob and get over it?
Old 05-10-2014, 11:54 PM
Kobold

On my server (Luclin) the earliest usage of the term "ninja looting" I ever saw actually refered to someone in the group that kept looting while mobs were being engaged instead of waiting untill the battle was over. Am I the only one that remembers it being used in that context?
Old 05-10-2014, 11:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It WAS an official rule. People ate suspensions for it. I don't know if that's still the case now or if they just stopped caring on live like they did with a lot of things, people do that on live now and it's still ninja looting, someone complains that you looted a rare drop before they had time to kill everything in camp and a GM WILL speak to you about it eventually and make no mistake, people WILL hate you for it.
None of your claims are true. The system was created specifically to be opened to the public. No one got banned for utilizing the system. Nor would that even make sense.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
None of your claims are true. The system was created specifically to be opened to the public. No one got banned for utilizing the system. Nor would that even make sense.
You already stated you never played classic. Go buy a clue. A RL friend got suspended for her son doing it on her accnt. You didn't read my earlier post. But sure don't take my word, take the 500 other people on the server that will tell you, you're wrong.

It was put in so if someone didn't WANT the loot someone else could take if they'd left the body or in the example of raid encounters or encounters where more than one group was needed then whoever got the item could loot it. Not so someone could come and sit on a corpse to constantly spam it until it unlocks before the correct person can get to it. Fool.
Last edited by Rika; 05-11-2014 at 12:12 AM..
Old 05-11-2014, 12:10 AM
Fire Giant

Actually there was an official rule about it. Had you actually played live during Kunark and Velious you would have known about the Play Nice Policy. Please pay particular attention to item #2 under the "1.1 Play Nice Policies - Activity within Everquest" heading:

http://web.archive.org/web/200206050...of_conduct.jsp