Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 12:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually there was an official rule about it. Had you actually played live during Kunark and Velious you would have known about the Play Nice Policy. Please pay particular attention to item #2 under the "1.1 Play Nice Policies - Activity within Everquest" heading:

http://web.archive.org/web/200206050...of_conduct.jsp
Just wondering, do you have a PNP for earlier than 2002? 2002 was Planes of Power era and thus not classic.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

I don't, I couldn't get an archive for everquest.com, only eqlive.com.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You already stated you never played classic. Go buy a clue. A RL friend got suspended for her son doing it on her accnt. You didn't read my earlier post. But sure don't take my word, take the 500 other people on the server that will tell you, you're wrong.
Sorry, but a forum troll has a lot less credibility than the rules on Live and the testimonies of everyone I've spoken with on Live. Your taunting doesn't impress me.

"Ninja looting" is when an item is taken before another rightful looter has the opportunity to procure it. If you let looting rights expire, it is up for grabs. It has nothing to do with any sort of permanent property rights. You don't even know what ninja looting is.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't, I couldn't get an archive for everquest.com, only eqlive.com.
Doing a little goggle fu, it appears that this is an early Verant PNP. http://www.angelfire.com/ut/Angelque/rules1.html

I don't see anything about ninja looting, but obviously ninjaing is probably just as scummy as most of the acts on the list.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:43 AM
Fire Giant

from the PnP:

"Ninjalooting is defined as taking special equipment from a fallen creature without the express permission of those who killed the creature if they are in attendance.

The purpose of this rule is to stop those who stand near creatures that carry special items and attempt loot that equipment prior to it being looted by the rightful owner."

Not sure of the exact date this was added to the PnP but it most definitely was in there and was being enforced at least as far back as 2002.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
from the PnP:

"Ninjalooting is defined as taking special equipment from a fallen creature without the express permission of those who killed the creature if they are in attendance.

The purpose of this rule is to stop those who stand near creatures that carry special items and attempt loot that equipment prior to it being looted by the rightful owner."

Not sure of the exact date this was added to the PnP but it most definitely was in there and was being enforced at least as far back as 2002.
Right, 2002 is Planes of Power Era, I showed you the first PNP Policy from 2000 which does not include Ninjalooting. Sorry I thought I was clear on that one. 2000 is where we currently are in the timeline I believe.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:49 AM
Kobold

https://help.soe.com/app/answers/det...d3J6VCpZVGw%3D

That's the reimbursement policy on live although it refers to raid encounters. They do take action against ninja looters and they still would if it was in the case of an epic mob or such. 10.2.1

anyway, I'm out now. I've used up all my free internets and this is a waste of my time now :-P
Last edited by Rika; 05-11-2014 at 12:53 AM..
Old 05-11-2014, 12:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, 2002 is Planes of Power Era, I showed you the first PNP Policy from 2000 which does not include Ninjalooting. Sorry I thought I was clear on that one. 2000 is where we currently are in the timeline I believe.
Sorry I wasn't quoting that as a response to your post. I understand full well what you were saying and I'm not disagreeing with you about it.

I was quoting that policy in response to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalora [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Ninja looting" is when an item is taken before another rightful looter has the opportunity to procure it. If you let looting rights expire, it is up for grabs. It has nothing to do with any sort of permanent property rights. You don't even know what ninja looting is.
Also as a fun side-note (before someone tries to bring it up as a justification for incivility on p99), it seems that Sony has removed the ninja-looting clause from the most recent version of the PnP. I guess they got tired of dealing with stealing shitbags.
Last edited by Joyelle; 05-11-2014 at 01:00 AM..
Old 05-11-2014, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://help.soe.com/app/answers/det...d3J6VCpZVGw%3D

That's the reimbursement policy on live. They do take action against ninja looters and they still would if it was in the case of an epic mob or such. 10.2.1
So I really want to say this to everyone that is complaining about ninja looters being punished as classic or not classic or whatever, just hear me out on this one.

CSR is not something you want to be a classic experience. The guide program evolved over time for a really good reason. I was a guide for a shitload of time, and I saw a lot of stuff go down that I am not sure would even be fair to touch on, but you do not want the CSR team of this server to be like the CSR team of old. You do not want a bunch of really stupid people handling things by arbitrary rules that had no meaning yet. You do NOT want the wild west, trust me.

So stop calling classic on guide rulings, or guide actions, and just forget about it. There should be nothing classic about the guide system because the old guide system was absolute shit. That's why it went through a revamp sometime in 2002 and they recycled a bunch of guides and asked them to put re-apply. Today you have a petition forum, a ton of great ways to get in touch with GM's, and a great guide staff. Back in the day you'd be lucky to have a guide help you out the way they do today.

So just be glad that this element of the server is not classic, it's so much better the way it is right now.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Fire Giant

In any case, it doesn't matter when it became an official rule on live, it's still a rule on p99 and that should be what matters here.