Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Druids are much, MUCH better soloers than shamans for most of your leveling career. Shamans get better once you get your epic, and then become way way better at level 60 with Toropr. Basically, druids if you want to level fast, shamans if you want to be a god at level 60.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Kobold

Shaman is better all around except for porting people..
Old 05-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Once Druid epics rain from the Sky like shamans (Verious), and once snare / root stacking is fixed (Verious). Druids can root rot just like shamans can 50-60. Infact once 60, with AE root, crazy shits gonna go down when I have my epic. Entire zones of rooted, epic DoTed mobs.

But yea, 60 shamans are stupidly overpowered because of Turgurs, Torpor and Canni.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalora [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid is far and wide better than Shaman at solo'ing. Their ability to quad kite and charm puts them leagues above the tedious root rotting that shaman do. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.
You obviously have never done 2nd level CoM with an epic Shaman luv. It's hardly tedious.

Edit: Also http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...11#post1427511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalora [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 53 Druid and I'm sick of quad kiting raptors in Timorous Deep because I suck and they always kill me. Is there any good alternative places to quad kite?

Charming is out of the question because charms always break.
Last edited by Rika; 05-10-2014 at 10:28 PM..
Old 05-10-2014, 11:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Druid is far and wide better than Shaman at solo'ing. Their ability to quad kite and charm puts them leagues above the tedious root rotting that shaman do. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.
With every post I'm more and more convinced that YOU don't know what you're talking about. You almost never see druids soloing in high end dungeons but a shaman can solo some of the tuffest mobs that only enc's and necro's could attempt. Shaman slow trumps everything you mentioned imo....
Old 05-11-2014, 12:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonez138 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With every post I'm more and more convinced that YOU don't know what you're talking about. You almost never see druids soloing in high end dungeons but a shaman can solo some of the tuffest mobs that only enc's and necro's could attempt. Shaman slow trumps everything you mentioned imo....
Shaman solo in dungeons because they root rot and run to zone lines when there's danger and it's a good way to kill time while waiting for groups. Druids quad kite and charm out in open zones. Quad kiting in KC would be kind of stupid.

The only people that want to believe Shaman are better at solo'ing than Druid are Shaman players clinging to their pride and lack of experience with Druid.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:45 AM
Kobold

Noooo, shaman solo in dungeons because it's good exp, decent loot at higher levels and we can do 4-6 mobs at a time for exp. Both classes are good in their own way, some prefer Shaman, some prefer Druid. I'd like to see a druid solo named in Seb :-P
Old 05-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Shamans are slow starters. If you're untwinked it's absolutely brutal until 24-ish. Best bet is to find a twink monk and ride those nuts until 60. Shaman are god-tier soloers are 60, with high end items like puppet strings, feign death ring, and bladestoppers making them better and better. Druids are terrible at everything at 60.

If you have the skill for it, though, bards can start kiting at 5 (though better to wait til mid teens, really) and can absolutely fly through levels. Very, very skill dependent, though.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Shaman solo in dungeons because they root rot and run to zone lines when there's danger and it's a good way to kill time while waiting for groups.
All wrong. Here is why...

1) Most if not all high end dungeons don't have a zone out you can run to
2) They get better xp soloing in these dungeons then they would in a group and from my experience reject group invites
3) I've never played a shaman, only a druid
4) I can't prove this but I'd bet a shaman can kill 4 mobs as fast as a druid when you consider the ammount of runnning and medding it takes to quad kite
5) Quad kiting in KC would be kind of stupid? Why exactly? It's stupid to hunt where you get better xp and loot? Wouldn't it would be much preferable if you could do it in there? But since you can't do it its "stupid" I see...
Old 05-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
The only people that want to believe Shaman are better at solo'ing than Druid are Shaman players clinging to their pride and lack of experience with Druid.

You are comparing soloing for exp vs soloing for drops. A druid can solo for exp generally better for sure, especially with a lumi staff, but this is absolutely not true at level 60 when you are camping yourself items. A shaman can solo camps in sebilis for example which a druid cannot even come close. That is the truth and not "A shaman player clinging to their pride and lack of experience with Druid." lol.
Closed Thread