Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
14/30 are monk fists at 50 for humans on live. Sky weapons are 14/28.

Look at it objectively. 20/26 (at 50) is 0.77 ratio. at 60 it's going to be 22/24.

Best weapons in the game come velious will be gharn's 15/18, and primal etc. 15/20. Gharn's would be preferable to your fists at 50, but that's 2 expansions down, off one of the end game mobs. Of which you'll need to be level 60 to kill i imagine.

Then you look at PoP, you get weapons comparable to the fists at 60, like battle firsts from RZ (18/22) shinai of the ancients (23/20), but then the cap is 65... where your fists are 23/24. So shinai is better than your fists at 60, but that's the absolute end game monk weapon.

Basically the new tables means for the progression server, the damage that an end game monk does will always be the same as a non-raiding monk with bare fists.

That might not bother you, but it's still pretty substantial, and maybe not game breaking, but it certainly means monks are going to be using their bare fists pretty much all the time.
Tstaff > Fists

Weapons + Augs (which are available) can be > fists as well.

Fists aren't the be all end all in EQ, and they never will be. Procs and augs and ratios will be better on weapons than they are on fists. The T-Staff and the Moss Covered twig are just 2 examples. Tstaff with it's stun, and MCT with it's insane dps, that's what makes the difference.

You can let it bother you, but it won't bother me, the experience is way too fun. It's nice actually being able to run away from mobs properly, something this server may never get right, it's nice being able to actually have the proper damage formula implemented, in fact it's critical. It's nice that pets are properly balanced, and that the pets aren't the best DPSers in the game making melee irrelevant. Tons of things to like, and the fists, meh, they're just simply not that important.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was talking to an IB member a day or so ago, the consensus was we don't at all think the progression server will have any baring on the community-scape come Kunark. Whether or not we have almost a thousand people at peak times anymore isn't really indicative of those people leaving for progression as much as burning out on Classic EQ.
Yesterday's population dipped by about 30% due to the server opening up, that's a huge hit, but it's not like everyone is going to stay gone either. Once Kunark drops it's going to be a madhouse over here with people coming back etc. The best thing about EQ, play on both lol. The pace is slow enough that you could play in different zones on live and on here and be good at both.

P99 will live on, but if SoE stays on top of things like they have so far...I think come Mid Kunark/Velious on the horizon you'll see a bigger group of people leaving. No one here seems to be in a hurry to race to 50 to be stuck there for 3 months, they've already gotten all that done here, they can go through that rat race once Kunark drops and they can push to 60, which they'll also have done here already. P99 will be fine, as long as they jump straight into working on Velious, and can release it within a couple of months of Fippy/Vulak reaching it.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they turned the xp way down from what i understand...

course they'd need to, since it is what it is~
After playing for over an hour last night and killing mobs NON STOP. I didn't even get half way through level 1. FUCKING WASTE OF TIME. I COULD HAVE BEEN COMMITTING MASS GENOCIDE IN RIVERVALE...
Old 02-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yesterday's population dipped by about 30% due to the server opening up, that's a huge hit, but it's not like everyone is going to stay gone either. Once Kunark drops it's going to be a madhouse over here with people coming back etc. The best thing about EQ, play on both lol. The pace is slow enough that you could play in different zones on live and on here and be good at both.

P99 will live on, but if SoE stays on top of things like they have so far...I think come Mid Kunark/Velious on the horizon you'll see a bigger group of people leaving. No one here seems to be in a hurry to race to 50 to be stuck there for 3 months, they've already gotten all that done here, they can go through that rat race once Kunark drops and they can push to 60, which they'll also have done here already. P99 will be fine, as long as they jump straight into working on Velious, and can release it within a couple of months of Fippy/Vulak reaching it.
Don't forget that the Rift open beta also started yesterday. Most of the servers were full and had queues for 20-25 minutes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget that the Rift open beta also started yesterday. Most of the servers were full and had queues for 20-25 minutes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I know, I was all over that stuff yesterday. Rift looks like it could be a really great game.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Just found out about Project 1999 from an ooc in Gfay on the Vulak TLP server. Just someone asking what P99 was, and someone answering "just google it and see".

So I did, and I'm thankful that I did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] this is much better!

I won't pay a sub to have my old EQ fix slowed down to an unbearable crawl while I fight over orc pawns.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmantis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just found out about Project 1999 from an ooc in Gfay on the Vulak TLP server. Just someone asking what P99 was, and someone answering "just google it and see".

So I did, and I'm thankful that I did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] this is much better!

I won't pay a sub to have my old EQ fix slowed down to an unbearable crawl while I fight over orc pawns.
All your subscriptions are belong to Rogean
Old 02-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's nice that pets are properly balanced, and that the pets aren't the best DPSers in the game making melee irrelevant
That's the way classic was. That's why you see such a VAST improvement to weapons in Kunark. That's why you had all the casters crying about the weapons in Kunark back in 2000. That is classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the way classic was. That's why you see such a VAST improvement to weapons in Kunark. That's why you had all the casters crying about the weapons in Kunark back in 2000. That is classic.
Pets didn't ignore ac etc completely, that's the problem here.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmantis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

grats, you found the better server and dont have to pay for it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

real classic ftw
Closed Thread