Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Also, if a mob has been engaged by someone, via shooting an arrow, casting a snare, body pulling, whatever. Then that mob is claimed. What that Druid was doing when he was casting on your mobs is a clear violation of the rules unless you had more than 4 following you or were in need of help.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

In your situation -- you are absolutely entitled to kill any/all free-standing roaming outdoor mobs. If they are not engaged immediately on spawn, they are not camped and are considered free game. Rather it's Pegasus roaming around Karana, AC in south ro, or spidery hell.. You should have politely requested him to stop KSing you - because that's what was happening. He wasn't 'defending his spawn', or whatever.. He was stealing kills off you trying to thug you out.

Next time, petition.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:33 PM
Orc

Thanks everyone for the responses. Sounds like my original understanding was more or less correct.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my opinion...
Careful there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2017, 08:13 PM
Aviak

Make norrath great again
Old 02-18-2017, 08:25 PM
Orc

"'One with the wall' indeed!"
Old 02-19-2017, 07:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenfeather [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, I get both those things. Just want to get the general guidelines for future reference.

More-specifically, the situation was this: I log on in EK to kill a spider every few minutes (as healing/mana permits) with my mid-20s ranger. I get one, then notice a higher-level druid dragging a swam of spiders behind him. I figure, fine, they're wandering and hence anyone's to get (per my previous understanding of camping things) -- due to the level difference and him being SoW'ed, I'll be getting maybe one per cycle of spawns whenever one pops near me and he's busy on the other side of the zone. No big deal. Then he starts DoTing ones I'm in the process of pulling to the ramp. First few I figure are mistakes, either on his part, or me shooting one he'd already snared, so I don't say anything. Then he runs up and does it right in front of me. I send him a tell asking "what the hell?" and he replies, "Yeah, what the hell, I've been killing them for two hours and then you appear and screw up the spawns." Thankfully non-heated exchange of tells ensues. Thus, me asking here for future reference rather than ask staff, since I'm not asking for anyone to intervene. If what I did is considered camp-stealing, I don't to do it again and I owe the guy an apology, but if it's not, I don't want to be a doormat, either.

Sorry for the ramble.
He was being a jerk no doubt about it - having said that tells before engaging in an area where other people are goes a very long way and can usually prevent bad interactions before they start - personally if i get even one not friendly tell or interaction I just leave seems easier to me
Old 02-21-2017, 08:40 AM
Fire Giant

I keep this convo with brakdaddy in my back pocket when people want to try to lawyerquest. if a mob is down, it's camped as long as you are in the zone to answer cc's. one major aspect that many people forget is that you don't have to physically be at the spawn point to consider a mob camped as long as you are only camping that single spawn point. if you feel a group may contest, be at the camp before the mob spawns. once you or your group leave the zone or wipe, the camp is technically open per server rules.

too many people feel entitled to a camp just because they call a cc first. what annoys me is when a group 'claims' a camp when they haven't even cleared the first ph. it's proper etiquette to claim the camp the moment the ph is down, not while you're clearing down. if you're clearing down, clarify that on a cc (honesty will help you more than hurt you). another thing I despise is when a camp is called, but the group is secretly stalling (and the ph has been up for a while, 30min or more) until they can find the proper group to clear the ph.

above all, don't be rude or nerdrage. if you can't have a mature conversation bc the person is emotional, just put in a petition and wait for a GM.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Last edited by supermonk; 02-21-2017 at 08:47 AM..
Old 02-21-2017, 10:13 AM
Banned

^

Yea but if you want to use brak quotes I can use one where he's describing a raid target where if it's contested you can ks xD

if at any point you're answering your CC and mobs are not dead (the ph or camp in question) anyone can come take your so called camp just to reiterate what you pointed out.

Overall it's best to just talk to who's around and if they're chill work with them ���� Otherwise good luck lawyering
Last edited by kotton05; 02-21-2017 at 10:17 AM..
Old 02-21-2017, 10:13 AM
Orc

I've had a few situations when I used to kill the crag spiders in EK.

1) 2-3 of us (solo) would be doing our own thing, grabbing what we could kill.
2) 3-5 of us (3 grouped, 2 solo) would be doing our own thing, grabbing what we could kill.
3) A higher level would come in need of silk. I offered to sell all the silk I had so I could continue grinding exp. Every time this situation arose the higher level would take the silk, thank me, and leave. One time the person said they weren't allowed to trade outside the guild - I gave him my stacks for free, and they left.

Bottom line, those mobs are fair game, that druid should have let you have the couple to kill in the spawn time. However they were clearly there for silk, try offering some to them next time, you may even make some PP w/o having to go to EC!

Vervale 39 Druid <DaP>
Elwithe 30 Enchanter
Closed Thread