Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 11:49 AM
Aviak

Default Proposal for Raid "Rotation"

Following up on the post from here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...4&postcount=20

I figured I'd put my money where my mouth is and make some suggestions.

Have raiding guilds declare themselves as an "A guild" or a "B guild".

"A guilds" "compete". B guilds are NTOV dragon capable, but not in position to compete.

Except for earthquakes, "A guilds" would compete as per usual.

"B guilds" would agree not to interfere with the "A guilds" competitions in any way. I.e, upon spawn, B guilds wouldn't mobilize.

Earthquakes would be handled differently. "A guilds" wouldn't mobilize for earthquakes. Instead, "B guilds" would have 36 hours from the earthquake to kill targets in NTOV. At the end of that 36 hours, the "B guilds" leave NTOV targets alone, and "A guilds" compete however they'd like.

Options:
1. Change it so that this only applies to the first earthquake each month.
2. B guilds set up a rotation among themselves for the earthquake(s.) I.e, Blood Guard agrees they'll go after these targets, PS goes after those, Kittens goes after another set.
3. Take GM's and petition quest out of this completely. So for the "A guilds"...train each other to your heart's content; GM's don't care/won't punish. (In theory, this drives better behavior during those competitions. If it doesn't, the "A guilds" would just keep training each other and no one would be happy. Except maybe GM's)

For "B guilds", if any guilds violate their agreements during earthquakes, other guilds present are free to train the violating guild w/o repercussions. Again, takes GM's out of it, and strongly encourages guilds to honor their commitments.

So in this scenario, the casuals get 1 or 2 shots at NTOV a month, and the courtesy they are asking for. The "competitors" get ....3 to 6 shots at NTOV a month. GM's are no longer inundated with petitions for this type of nonsense, at least if option 3 is employed.

What do you think? Is that a good compromise, or at least the framework of one, that keeps everyone happy?
Old 02-15-2019, 08:31 AM
Sarnak

This is a terrible idea. Take it out behind the barn and shoot it
Old 02-15-2019, 08:34 AM
Aviak

Hah!

Ok...spell it out for me then, please. Why?
Old 02-15-2019, 09:05 AM
Sarnak

I say we roll for mobs, or make a line... i been here 5 years if not more, i guess i will be pretty good in that line [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah!

Ok...spell it out for me then, please. Why?
You literally are proposing an idea where training is legal onto another guild in certain scenarios and you really think GMs will get behind this? You are naive enough to believe this won't create even more lawyerquest with greater CSR headache?

This is a poor idea over 'no CSR ToV'. No CSR is No CSR. You saying 'train in special scenarios is cool' just opens the fraps window.

Shoot it behind the barn.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:58 AM
Aviak

rygar you are an asset to the server and these forums
you would be an even greater asset if you worked on your feedback:

this template is for you.

thanks for the idea <user interested in contributing to the discussion>

the idea is <Value judgement> for <these reasons>. I can appreciate you may not have as much color on this subject as some others, have you considered <these historical anecdotes>?

sincerely yours,

Rygar
Old 02-15-2019, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

So I give an explanation of why I think it's a bad idea, someone else just talks shit... and you call me out?

Not sure where this Rygar hate comes from lately. Usually preceded with a "thanks for all you do for the server, but..."

I smell salty necks
Old 02-15-2019, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I give an explanation of why I think it's a bad idea, someone else just talks shit... and you call me out?

Not sure where this Rygar hate comes from lately. Usually preceded with a "thanks for all you do for the server, but..."

I smell salty necks
Im guessing you believe people should give you praise for doing bug reports while acting like a dick? LOL
Old 02-15-2019, 11:25 AM
Kobold

So B guilds are only allowed to go in on special earthquake days? The rest of the time A guilds get what they want? That seems to be heading in the opposite direction.

Week 1 A Guilds Compete
Week 2 B Guilds Share
Week 3 A Guilds Compete
Week 4 B Guilds Share

Seems the most logical. You don't have some insane 9 week stretch between loot, still keep competition, and twice a month have to share dragons unless the guilds can't down them after x amount of time. Earthquakes are by design the bread and butter of mobilization competition. With the initial idea you've just proposed that guilds who can't mobilize would have 36 hours to do so for random events. It never occurred to you how backwards the thinking was?
Old 02-15-2019, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

An innumerable amount of people have attempted to propose raid rotations on p99. Every single person has failed. The only single person that can propose and ratify any sort of rotation is Rogean. There’s an incredibly obnoxious and vocal minority of players that have no interest in sharing dragon pixels and their screeching adolescent mindset is backed up by the folks that run this box because it was classic on some servers.

If you don’t like p99 raiding in its current form you can definitely find another box, if you want pixels here you can grab a sock just like everyone else. Enjoy your stay or fuck off. Those are your only two options.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Closed Thread