Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the compliments guys lol
Old 05-15-2014, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure Slate and Rinna Lightblade work a little differently here due to Abacab's adventures pulling them everywhere to grief people in EC.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 05-15-2014, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes I like him and the woodwork he crawled out of [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If it was truly classic we'd have 4-5 GMs (almost) always on and getting paid to do it to deal with people pulling him there to grief.

People would also be paying subs and losing a character they put ~100$ a year into for doing it.
the amount of trains i did on live and got away with make me think there were less gms on at one time. i did it everyday after school for months and months. usually rhinna to ec tunnel or specs/sgs to oasis docks. after about 6 months i got 2 suspensions and finally a ban. best times of my life tho. did suck when i realized i had to buy another everquest w/ expansions.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:54 PM
Banned

Any interest for assist radius on slate? It was extremely high, much more so than other guards/npcs in the game.

Guards here don't aggro or assist from very far away in general here which I'm aware of.

That said, at least from an aggro perspective, NPCs in general don't aggro from far enough away here. That belongs in a separate thread where it can be measured on live because I don't believe its changed but worth bringing up in this context.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Yea Slate warps and memory blurs if he gets too close to the EC Tunnel. I understand why they did it, but the lack of classic in that makes me sad. Petitions about Slate should be auto ignored and he should be allowed to roam free.

If you want to make a mule in EC make him non KoS or put him outside of a train path.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Banned

https://web.archive.org/web/20021114...show&BID=64111

https://web.archive.org/web/20030527...tby=2#Comments

https://web.archive.org/web/20020128...tby=2#Comments

Quote:
just imagine walking through the desert area of EC....all of a sudden this helm pops up over the dune, witht he name Sargeant Slate above it. You're KOS to the militia...too late to run. Know what? Start thinking about the Godzilla music. The Japanese one...you know, when he comes rising out of the water? duuuuun, duh duh duh duh duuuuuuuh, dun dun duuuuh, duuuh duuuuh duuuh dun duuh dun duuh....you know how it goes =)

He deserves that theme, definitely my favorite NPC
^ dats what I want for this NPC (minus spelling errors). If you're solo'ing in the desert area, his aggro range should be about that big. I know its inconvenient for dark races but it is definitely classic. Personally, I think elements of danger and the scary/notorious NPCs of old are fun.

Pretty overwhelming consensus this guy had a HUGE assist radius and large aggro range [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Last edited by Nirgon; 05-20-2014 at 02:11 PM..
Old 04-11-2019, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

bump.

Was comparing aggro ranges between live/here/takp and came across this old thing.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Slate is "custom" here due to griefing the tunnelquesters
Old 04-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Banned

GJ banning that Daldaen nuisance

honk
Old 04-12-2019, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slate is "custom" here due to griefing the tunnelquesters
Warping/Mem blur mechanics are not mutually exclusive with the bug reported here.