Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Default Enchanters, how's life at 60?

Lots of stuff is immune to charm and mez now, yeah? Do you get grumpy that your tools don't work? Do you still feel valuable/needed in groups and raids? What's life like as a 60's enchanter?

I've done a shaman to high 50's and thinking about an enchanter for green, wanted to get feedback from those who have gone before me.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

You sit in velks at BM and farm flawless diamonds
Old 06-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

I love playing my Enchanter. It’s my only toon at 60, but he’s been 60 for a year and I still don’t get tired of it. I have lots of options in terms of doing fun stuff, am almost always useful in a group or raid, and can frequently contribute in meaningful ways.

Lots of people say that enchanters are just buff bots on raids, but there is a lot more to it on most raids - you can charm, blur, bind sight, and with the right tools engage and work on FTEing and holding mobs out of camp. People that are buff bottling aren’t getting the most out of their class - and in some raids, enchanters are absolutely critical (looking at you Hate and Fear).
Old 06-05-2019, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

enchanters are extremely boring at 60 in all aspects of the game IMO, except maybe if you want to solo some cool shit and make money. Don’t get me wrong, I loved leveling my enchanter and is my only lvl 60, but just not fun at 60 unless you are really trying to be optimistic like Baylan.

I’d recommend to anyone to start a druid,mage, or enchanter, get rich and then twink out a char that you’ll enjoy more in the end game. For velious raiding, that’s pretty much melee classes, excluding pal/sk, and clerics.

For green? Well I never played classic, but that might be the one exception where cc is so critical to breaking the planes, enchanters should see a lot more action there.
Last edited by Crede; 06-05-2019 at 12:00 PM..
Old 06-05-2019, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
enchanters are extremely boring at 60 in all aspects of the game IMO, except maybe if you want to solo some cool shit and make money. Don’t get me wrong, I loved leveling my enchanter and is my only lvl 60, but just not fun at 60 unless you are really trying to be optimistic like Baylan.

I’d recommend to anyone to start a druid,mage, or enchanter, get rich and then twink out a char that you’ll enjoy more in the end game. For velious raiding, that’s pretty much melee classes, excluding pal/sk, and clerics.

For green? Well I never played classic, but that might be the one exception where cc is so critical to breaking the planes, enchanters should see a lot more action there.
In other words: don't play the one class that's truly capable of controlling game mechanics. Instead play an exciting class, like one where you put on autoattack
Old 06-05-2019, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

Chanter at 60 feels broken--in a good way. Maybe not Torpor Shaman broken, but pretty damn close.

Sure you likely won't be charming much in NToV (you can now charm the hatchlings though, so maybe you will!), and mezzing becomes less of an option on some of those encounters, but for those instances you can be a reliable goalie or use mem blur.

Some of the highest end encounters your pet dps will be the highest dps at the raid (Troopers for AoW, sprites for Tunare, juggs for Trak, etc.). It's exciting because it's high risk and high reward, and you need to be on your toes.

Plus, for any non-raid encounters late-game, enchanters are beat in solo ability only by torpor shaman and some mega-geared monks, and I don't think there's a better duo partner out there with a healer. It's a pretty rare zone where you can't find a charmable mob that can stand up to the lvl 55+ mobs with haste, slow, and heals.

Lvl 60 chanters are fun, powerful, and incredibly versatile.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but just not fun at 60 unless you are really trying to be optimistic like Baylan.

hes not optimistic, that is what is done.

Ah, Min/Max. Knights are useful once again, hell so are druids. You are saying only play a rogue, monk, warrior or cleric for raiding. Guess that epic mage is useless as well and so are their summoned items.

I will take every class in game, come on over to Riot where you won't be min/maxed to death.

P/S: Bards are Bards, they do what they do.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In other words: don't play the one class that's truly capable of controlling game mechanics. Instead play an exciting class, like one where you put on autoattack
Right, except they’re buff bots/situational charmers on raids. Not at all melee turn on auto attack. Want to stay active at 60? Roll a monk/bard as I see you already have.

I posted a thread about the most fun class at 60. Rangers actually won by a long shot, with bards coming in second. Enchanter was maybe mentioned once? 90% of what made you love your enchanter isn’t carried into the end game. If you’re cool with that, roll it but velious clearly favors melee classes.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hes not optimistic, that is what is done.

Ah, Min/Max. Knights are useful once again, hell so are druids. You are saying only play a rogue, monk, warrior or cleric for raiding. Guess that epic mage is useless as well and so are their summoned items.

I will take every class in game, come on over to Riot where you won't be min/maxed to death.

P/S: Bards are Bards, they do what they do.
Wrong, I’m no min Maxer. I love my erudite pally. But they simply aren’t needed in raids until later expansions where knights were truly critical. OP is talking about feeling valuable in raids. You can make it work if you love your class, but if you’re more concerned about feeling valuable, those really aren’t the classes to do it.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanter is super fun, it's the only class besides my up and coming bard that I can log in and instantly have fun no matter what I'm doing that day.

Charming is awesome! I have a fascination for magically forcing monsters to fight their friends in every game I play and luckily enchanters in EQ's have the best charm function I've seen in any game. Plus charming instantly gives you the best tank / dps available at any level. Inviting an enchanter for dps is completely legit.

Soloing is a big thing for me. I tend to not enjoy relying on people and being subject to the LFG waiting room. Enchanyer offers you the best solo experience because you can literally solo 99% of the game via various methods.
Sniping names at the bottom of a dungeon solo is the best feeling. Have caught and killed chottal at 5 am many a times!

But I want friends ! Well enchanters are among the most highly sought after classes for groups. Hell, some groups wont start without one. Even if for nothing other than c2 and haste, you are a huge boon to your group.

The world is your playground, enchanters when played right are gods among mortals. If you're not enjoying an enchanter at 60, I think you are not pushing the boundaries enough !
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Closed Thread