Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

What does the damage of Kick cap at? It feels worthless at Level 25, only doing a maximum of 6 damage. Almost seems pointless to have since it doesn't interrupt spells like Bash does.

At least Flying Kick has some power behind it.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of our monks (BiS primary other offhand) floats in similar mid 80s territory sustained on high ac velious mobs. I’ll see if I can dig up the parse later when I get home. I’d be interested to see that monk in action with a shaman cast primal buff for the duration of the fight.

That’s the tantalizing question that nobody seems to know the answer to. I’ve seen Aikon’s dps in action and it’s pretty obscene. I have seen rangers put up higher numbers with the exception a lucky standard bow trueshot run. I have seen some really ludicrous numbers using BFG but both of those are fairly narrow situations that generally don’t apply (2 minutes up 72 min refresh), one of which requiring MQ result for a component that is no longer available. There are still some pieces out there to MQ I’d imagine but for most rangers is never going to happen if they don’t already have it.

I’ve seen some strong melee parses from rangers but I’m still in incredibly skeptical that a BiS ranger can consistently top out a BiS monk. 15/18 and 16/19 is just nuts.
idk from what all i seen i was above most monks, the ones with real great gear, i was behind. i dont really want to post more parse, just what i seen. rangers do lot more dmg then they are credited for, and the 72min thing is not an issue, litterally how many times non earthquake are you killing more then once per hour for dragons?
Old 06-10-2019, 07:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does the damage of Kick cap at? It feels worthless at Level 25, only doing a maximum of 6 damage. Almost seems pointless to have since it doesn't interrupt spells like Bash does.

At least Flying Kick has some power behind it.
At 60 it's around 1-3 DPS. I have kick bound to the same key as clicky haste as an encouragement.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 60 it's around 1-3 DPS. I have kick bound to the same key as clicky haste as an encouragement.
Ah, I might do that for Swiftwind!
Old 06-11-2019, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, I might do that for Swiftwind!
Swift wind is a worn haste.

I believe Dark Cloak of the Sky (or Captain Nalot's Eye Patch) is being referenced here. Short duration haste cast instantly on the click of an item.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I believe Dark Cloak of the Sky (or Captain Nalot's Eye Patch) is being referenced here. Short duration haste cast instantly on the click of an item.
He’s talking about monk epic haste or Jonathan’s whistling warsong which are instant clicks. The cloak and eyepatch are not
Last edited by Crede; 06-11-2019 at 10:05 AM..
Old 06-11-2019, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Swiftwind is a worn Haste? Thought it was a proc or cast.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Swift_Spirit

Anyway, I still wonder if there's some short duration combat buff on an item I could use and bind to the Kick key. Is Hammer of Rage a clickie, or does it need to be equipped?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Hammer_of_Rage
Old 06-11-2019, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Swiftwind is a worn Haste? Thought it was a proc or cast.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Swift_Spirit

Anyway, I still wonder if there's some short duration combat buff on an item I could use and bind to the Kick key. Is Hammer of Rage a clickie, or does it need to be equipped?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Hammer_of_Rage
Read the haste guide on the wiki. Swiftwind says worn right next to the proc, and that hammer is combat, which also won’t work. You need one that says casting time: instant. This can be seen on any of the items wiki page.
Last edited by Crede; 06-11-2019 at 11:02 AM..
Old 06-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Dark Cloak of the Sky is the clicky i was referring to and is instant cast. Swiftwind is worn haste, however.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He’s talking about monk epic haste or Jonathan’s whistling warsong which are instant clicks. The cloak and eyepatch are not
You should try clicking your cloak or eyepatch.
Closed Thread