Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, because that’s what it takes to get a mob like that?

No wonder you’re after a ND.
I have an erudite, so not really.
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-14-2019 at 03:00 PM..
Old 06-15-2019, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

ND isn't a weapon to "settle for". It's good all by itself. For the Tunare diety paladin it's almost as good as epic for 1% the effort.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-15-2019, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ND isn't a weapon to "settle for". It's good all by itself. For the Tunare diety paladin it's almost as good as epic for 1% the effort.
I find it funny that the guy who is on pace to have a lvl 60 of every class uses “effort” as an excuse not to get a weapon.

Anyway, to each their own. I’ll enjoy my pally epic.

OP like others have said if you can tolerate the look of a 2h piercing weapon then lance is no doubt your best bet given your budget. Since you’re not 55 yet look for a cheap alternative until then, maybe try to get a sword of blessings from velks.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:23 AM
Fire Giant

I'm rocking a Reaver solo on my warrior at the moment soon level 50. Do you think it would be better DPS at level 50-55 using dual wield instead, like a 10/18 MH and frostbringer second hand. Altough I kinda like the BIG hits :-P

Many say that 2 blood points and truncheon of doom is nice for solo.. you who have tried it, do you usually manage to get a slow proc in the beginning of the fight? I know on my ranger I had problem often that the 2 hand slow sword (cant remember its name) didnt proc and then u just ended up loosing alot of dps on the way.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

For solo a reaver or lance is probably better albeit it streaky. Not as random as ToD procs or crips but still. You can always get a FB and put something decent (snare whip) in the offhand to see...the 10/18 isn’t going to be significantly better.

Where a ranger and swarmcaller works well is root-jousting until a proc. If it never works a 29/0 ratio is still very good even when the mob resets their swing timer as well. A warrior obvs prefers a early proc but can survive way better. With sow or root nets you can still joust a npc hoping for a proc. Without a slower in a group that’s a great tool to have in the bag regardless.

IMHO, killing low blues that are possible simply with ToD ratio should be the goal. That way the slow (and switch to reaver/Lance) is being used for average damage savings rather than being able to kill something you had a snowballs chance of hell in doing without it. Less deaths and scrambling to the zone at 5% as well.
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-20-2019 at 09:48 AM..
Old 06-20-2019, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

I never tried jousting.. do I use sow and just run around and let mob come closer until I hit and then run again?

Also, is it true that less haste better for proc?
So its worth removing haste belt during trying go get a slow proc in?
Old 06-20-2019, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Procs are based on time (1/min ignoring DEX benefits). A weapons attack speed is factored into that, so that each swing has a %chance to proc based on hitting that 1 proc/min. That is why slow weaps have a higher %proc chance per hit than say, a 15 delay weapon (if delay was so slow to hit only once a minute, theoretically it would have 100% chance to proc every hit).

If you really want to joust, haste doesnt really have any meaning.

If you wanted to min/max proc on a regular fight, I would say take off any haste for first hit to max chance of proc there, but then put haste back on for white DPS.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Legidias summed it up well.

Yea I wouldn't sacrifice white dmg in hopes to slightly increase your rnd dice roll. If trying to solo something you can't without slow I would invest in some root nets. You can take advantage of weird pathing or sow speed via jousting though. Otherwise just stick to slightly easier mobs.

If grouping without a slower that ToD is going to save your group a metric ton of mana (on average over the course of the grind). With a couple dps players your own dps becomes less significant so even a 30% better ratio is doing far to benefit the team than potentially reducing npc dmg intake by 50%. You will get some one-hit procs and some no-hit procs. It will average out nicely over time.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many say that 2 blood points and truncheon of doom is nice for solo.. you who have tried it, do you usually manage to get a slow proc in the beginning of the fight? I know on my ranger I had problem often that the 2 hand slow sword (cant remember its name) didnt proc and then u just ended up loosing alot of dps on the way.
As with anything, there's a big part of that which is luck. If you haven't neglected your dexterity that one weapon is worth its weight in gold. If the price were 50k instead of 7-10k, I still would have prioritized buying it.

My main has kept 2 blood points and a trunch in bag since level 50. They are invaluable and I'd never consider giving them up. For solo work you net more non-stop killing power potential leading off with trunch then going BPs following. It's less dps than some weapon alternatives for sure but the longer kill time is completely offset by 55% slow on the mobs and up to 240 passive heals per minute (while doing 240 dmg per minute) if you can score buffs to get you to 255 dex. At that range I never had reaver level weaponry but my dual wield weapons were not bad. 10/21 x2 with 80hp lifetaps is decent output and pretty solid heal potential over time. ToD ratio is actually not bad (not good mind you, but not bad). Having an early or even mid-fight trunch proc kept me rolling with a lot less down time than any other alternative.

How effectively these (or any proc weapons for that matter) serve you depends on your dexterity. I went dwarf warrior with points dumped into dexterity and don't regret it. 1-2 more good gear upgrades and I'll buff to 255 stamina so I don't feel like I missed out to be honest.

So yeah, regarding truncheon ... mine has gotten a lot of use solo/group and even (rarely) pseudo-raid. It certainly made grouping or duo/trio without ench/sham a lot easier. As for blood points ... these again still get use at 60 whether faction grinding in WL or to help out offsetting the damage i'm receiving passively via rampage or actively when tanking in situations where healers are otherwise occupied or lacking torpor/cheal. It helped a ton grouping with druid primary healers or shamans sub-60 or 60 but not yet with torpor. 2 of them at 60 tends to net me 55-60dps buffed on non-raid targets. A higher ratio set might see me floating 5-15dps higher depending on mob level.

TLDR: my experience soloing (which i did more than a little bit of) got really a lot easier when I hit 50 and could proc these weapons. Leading off with a slow proc then swapping to 2 BPs always net me more total xp over time by minimizing my down time recovering. Any loss in dps compared to other weapons I had was more than offset by taking a lot less damage over time with slow followed by passively proc-healing back some of my losses.

Your mileage may vary
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-21-2019, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for advice.. as soon as I get 50 I will trade my reaper for 2 bp and a tod and try it out
Closed Thread