Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-17-2018, 12:37 PM
Aviak

Question, would changing the path from program files to somewhere like my user documents speed up load times or lessen my chances of potential crashing / bugs ??
Old 06-09-2018, 03:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Savok, when I use the Velious UI with the Velious Extras both Buff and Songs window goes away. How do I get those back?
Old 06-09-2018, 03:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Or, have you made the default Velious UI to allow the additional Hotbars?
Old 06-09-2018, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Song window is useless, songs go into the regular Buff Window on P99. You can get the buff window back by clicking on your EQ button>Character>buffs
Old 06-09-2018, 05:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Song window is useless, songs go into the regular Buff Window on P99. You can get the buff window back by clicking on your EQ button>Character>buffs
Thanks for the info on Songs. As for the buffs window, I have already tried that as well as the standard hotkey for buffs (Alt + B). I can get the buffs window back by reverting back to the default Velious UI without the extras, but not with the extras.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

Move the buff bar to the center of your screen. When you go into Alt+O and click the "Load UI Skin" button make sure the "Keep your layout button" is selected/pressed down.

If you are just using /loadskin it might be loading off the screen, that happens with some UI's. Although, I don't use this UI myself so I can't say for sure that's the problem.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

That worked, thank you Triiz!
Old 06-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrG9three [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question, would changing the path from program files to somewhere like my user documents speed up load times or lessen my chances of potential crashing / bugs ??
putting the folder on a SSD or a hard drive other than the one your OS is on could speed things up. But just shuffling its folder location within the same drive should have no effect.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

My UI is not working, I have tried to download the files in this post including the default Titanium UI files but when I tried to load it I get an error message: "Your XML files are not compatible with current EverQuest files. certain windows may not perform correctly. Use "/loadskin Default 1" to load the EverQuest default skin.

I can't see a spellbook under my spell bars and I don't have an EQ button. I am stuck so any advice would be so great right now!
Old 07-06-2020, 07:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bextacy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My UI is not working, I have tried to download the files in this post including the default Titanium UI files but when I tried to load it I get an error message: "Your XML files are not compatible with current EverQuest files. certain windows may not perform correctly. Use "/loadskin Default 1" to load the EverQuest default skin.

I can't see a spellbook under my spell bars and I don't have an EQ button. I am stuck so any advice would be so great right now!
I just downloaded the TKing icons (used to use all his stuff back in 99/00) but my icons are completely fubared. I get that same XML message. Hope someone can help us both.