Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-15-2019, 07:28 AM
Orc

Can confirm using engine WS9wine2.6 works on Sierra. I did a fresh install to get it working. Possible I didn't need to, but I'm on now.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Was a bit fed up with playing on a mac so I packed up my old laptop from 2012-2013. Updated to windows 10 and it runs sooo much better than my 2015 macbook pro.

Also now I am able to use GINA timers so I am not looking back.

I wish you all good luck!

-Blue-
Atychi - 23 Necromancer
Atych - 27 Druid
Old 09-15-2019, 09:22 AM
Aviak

I did a fresh install using the steps in this video https://youtu.be/_xfNbEUVweM
The only difference was I used WS9Wine2.6 instead of WS8WineCXG10.3.0
I'm running Yosemite on an iMac. Works fine.

Regarding the Velious folder in patch, instead of dragging and dropping it into the uifiles folder I made a folder called velious and dragged and dropped the contents of the Velious (patch) folder into the new folder. I don't know if this makes any difference what so ever but that's the way I did it.

Also right click on your shortcut, go to Show Package Contents, double click on the Wineskin file. The Wineskin window opens up. Click on Set Screen Options. Here you can set the gamma if the game is opening up too dark for you.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:42 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if 49 worked and 49b doesn't, try this: http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files49c.zip

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-16-2019, 03:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if 49 worked and 49b doesn't, try this: http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files49c.zip
Couldn't help but give this a try on macos mojave 10.14.6 even though 49 didn't work for me either.

Sadly it didn't work. Not sure what update in macOS broke it, fwiw swapping the dsetup file with the 47 version makes it possible to launch till the character select screen, but then we get the spells outdated message.

I've tried turning off the firewall on my mac, but that didn't change anything either. If anyone here on Mojave found a way to run p1999 without bootcamp, please let the rest of us know.

I'm sure this is not on the top of your list Rogean, but still thanks for looking into it!
Old 09-16-2019, 03:59 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabouter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't help but give this a try on macos mojave 10.14.6 even though 49 didn't work for me either.

Sadly it didn't work. Not sure what update in macOS broke it, fwiw swapping the dsetup file with the 47 version makes it possible to launch till the character select screen, but then we get the spells outdated message.

I've tried turning off the firewall on my mac, but that didn't change anything either. If anyone here on Mojave found a way to run p1999 without bootcamp, please let the rest of us know.

I'm sure this is not on the top of your list Rogean, but still thanks for looking into it!
You need to do what other people in this thread have been doing to get 49 to work, which afaik is using the latest version of Wine Stable. The 49c was for people that had 49 Working and 49b didn't.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-16-2019, 04:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This fixed things for me, thank you!
Old 09-16-2019, 09:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
You need to do what other people in this thread have been doing to get 49 to work, which afaik is using the latest version of Wine Stable. The 49c was for people that had 49 Working and 49b didn't.
I couldn't get it working in wine stable either, I'm not sure if others that got it working are on Mojave yet. Either way I did see complaints about it being blurry on wine stable.

I'll give parallels a try when green comes out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 09-19-2019, 05:36 AM
Aviak

If anyone is interested I've tested bootcamp but I had a lot of compatibility issues (macbook pro 15 - 2016).

1. No bluetooth
2. No external screen
3. Wifi kept dropping

I then tried my older version of parallels (13) with Mojave and to my surprise it worked perfectly. At least in the starter zones it seems like it is running at 60fps in window mode (1920x1200), not sure if there is any way to show the fps.

The newest version (15) should be better for games. So if others are in the same boat and rather not use bootcamp (or can't get it to work) then I can recommend parallels.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

So I set up a new Wineskin wrapper using the 2.6.2 engine, and it worked for a few days, but just now I crashed zoning and haven't been able to start it up again. When I open it, the icon in the dock pops up for just a moment and then sits back down like I didn't just open it.

I guess I could reinstall yet again (I almost have the process memorized) but I'd have to rearrange my UI on every character all over again. Any tips?