Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-06-2019, 12:04 AM
Large Rat

Default Crashing every time I try to create a Gnome Shadow Knight

Hey, not sure why, but each time I attempt to make a Gnome SK I get disconnected after the final step. Does anyone know a fix to this, or is this a known bug for P99 atm? Looking for any feedback or solution pls! -Apologies for the double post from Starting Zone Thread.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

thats so weird haha idk man
Old 06-06-2019, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

Gnomes cannot be Shadow Knights in this era
Old 06-06-2019, 02:42 AM
Large Rat

Then why allow it to get that far in the char creation selection unlike the other combo of race/classes that can't be made due to expansion release. Idk, just a bit of a tease and not fair imo. The other class/race combos are completely blocked due to the restrictions, so why not this one? I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but if it's off limits to make then do the same and remove the ability or just allow it....it's that simple.
Last edited by Swyftwynd; 06-06-2019 at 02:52 AM..
Old 06-06-2019, 01:20 PM
Aviak

P99 is based on the Titanium client, which includes a number of expansions far beyond what's offered on P99. The staff has worked a LOT to build into the server rules, spawns, items, etc that reflect how things were back in-era. That being said, there are plenty of limitations that come with being a part of the Titanium client. This is one of them. They're not locked by the client because they were simply patched in, and are not new content as part of an expansion.

It's entirely the opposite of "remove the ability.. it's that simple." As a built-in part of the client it's likely that it's impossible to change.

But please, go on about how "not fair" this server (that so many people put so many hours of work into to provide for free) is.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyftwynd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then why allow it to get that far in the char creation selection unlike the other combo of race/classes that can't be made due to expansion release. Idk, just a bit of a tease and not fair imo. The other class/race combos are completely blocked due to the restrictions, so why not this one? I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but if it's off limits to make then do the same and remove the ability or just allow it....it's that simple.
You poor thing, how ever will you go on?