Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know nothing, and have no money in real life 100% guaranteed, if china stopped making our stuff our country would completely collapse

as an example

when covid hit even trump said 95% of masks are made in china, test kits are made in china, vials, needles, IV Bags, GLOVES

you can go right down the list, what else is made in china?

the spritz bottles for clorox clean up and all the other chemicals, the caps for the gallon jugs , everything

most of you are so stupid and none of you want to work, do you know who wants to work? china
yeah not one of the things you list cannot be spun up to meet need within a year either locally or outside of china
how long do you think it takes to build a giant rectangular factory and start cranking out latex gloves using local unskilled workers?
do you think our society will collapse while we wait for some building in Pennsylvania to start making bleach bottles?
do you think we're unable to say hey other-nations-with-unskilled-workers-who-love-dollars, can you make some more beakers and dildos for us?

you're right i don't have any money because i donate everything i earn to keep p99 going and i live my life like an ascetic i mean i still jerk off and eat red meat but otherwise it's very clean living
i digress
i know enough about money theory though to know that the entire world runs on the dollar and that we can just print as much of it as we want and everyone else keeps buying so much of our debt that if anything at all were to happen to us they would be holding worthless paper and also if anything happened to China we could just throw those precious new dollars at someone else until they sent us all the ballpoint pen caps we needed

china wants to work. fucking lol. india wants to work, the philippines want to work, vietnam wants to work, mexico wants to work, brazil wants to work, do i need to go on? china isn't some magical factory land, they're low-skilled guys who make things just slightly cheaper than anyone at that volume. oh noes now we'll have to pay a tiny bit more, time to print more free money and send everyone another round of checks
Old 07-13-2020, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Those jobs in Mexico = better than in China. Cheaper labor and lower transport costs. That’s if you want to make this purely economic

Temporary pain with changing supply chains but we’ve seen how fragile those are anyway, if were not committed to bringing jobs back home, at least bring them to North America.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That isn’t true. A certain segment of the population would be better off with that type of work, that or we’d have to massively overhaul our economy to better support people without college degrees. NAFTA and other trade deals contributed to addiction rates and suicides, not really as much as the financial crisis of ‘08, but still. Decent jobs for people without degrees would benefit America

There’s also an environmental impact to trans-pacific shipping, even if it’s never discussed
Why did you get banned
Old 07-13-2020, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those jobs in Mexico = better than in China. Cheaper labor and lower transport costs. That’s if you want to make this purely economic

Temporary pain with changing supply chains but we’ve seen how fragile those are anyway, if were not committed to bringing jobs back home, at least bring them to North America.
Chinese are alot more competent and have better attitudes then mexicans by 100x

ill take the 43 days to port of miami any day
Old 07-13-2020, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Not really sure? Strange ban, the German probably complained
Old 07-13-2020, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

I’d love to see us take a PAID FOR green new deal seriously, with domestic manufacturing and research into wind and tidal power with maintenance jobs being taught in high school in rural areas and inner cities. Jobs and social mobility for those for whom college isn’t realistic in terms of debt to future income
Old 07-13-2020, 08:41 PM
Banned

big J
what’s the purpose of the Texas Iranian forum persona larp?
SrS Q
Old 07-13-2020, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
big J
what’s the purpose of the Texas Iranian forum persona larp?
SrS Q
Snortes, glaber es.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:20 AM
Sarnak

kaveh got banned because they're fucking stupid and racist
Old 07-14-2020, 08:16 AM
Banned

Domo you said

How many lifes could be saved if the President of the United States would react reasonable to the Corona Virus months ago?

He wanted to shut down all international travel from china and anyone who visited china to slow the spread at the beginning and was shut down BY DEMOCRATS Who called him racist

I mean there are quite few cultists among the Trump supporters who only didnt wear a mask because the President of the United States didnt wear a mask.

He didnt wear a mask because he does not want to cause panic, the worst thing you can do is be afraid of something, it limits your ability to actually deal with it
Closed Thread