Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 01:23 AM
Orc

all the classes listed ive played to 60 to 65 and one to 85 over the years some twice on live , 60 sham, 54 sham, 65 mage, 60 mage 54 mage , 60 necro iksar, 50 necro human, 85 iksar monk, 60 monk 54 monk, 55 druid, and 60 druid, 65 pal, 60 enc, 54 enc, 65 wiz, 65 bard , 65 cleric, 54 cleric allare fun in there own way.

the negative about necro is somewhat true depending on race , human although are not kos in neriak except to the ghouls outside the necro guild, just invis undead past them, human necro is not kos in River vale, nor are they kos in freeport, or qeynos, they are a great group class, as well as solo class, and with self mana regen, and heals can easily solo when have limited play time , with little downtime .

monk can solo some now, but later in kunark, and velious they get very good, somewhat gear dependent , but gets groups easily

Druid great solo class, and good secondary healer, or support, good farm class , with track, ports to travel around, can charm animals as pets , and kite up to 4 mobs at same time for crazy solo exp.

mage good dps, and groups like them, can be boring at times strong pets, and second best nukes in the game .
Last edited by Dirkdaring; 06-03-2020 at 01:26 AM..
Old 06-03-2020, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

From reading everything you said, I'd consider rolling a druid on blue. If you stick to playing the game, a level 19 or higher druid will always be a great asset on the account, especially an account of someone with limited time and tends to solo. once 19 and you have a better understanding of the game, then consider either sticking it out as druid because you enjoy what it has to offer, or consider rolling up one of those other characters. Or maybe you just decide the game isn't for you by level 19 and you are off to greener pastures.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:56 AM
Skeleton

At the moment I'm trying a Druid on Green, since their starting area seems like it's pretty good and offers some grouping opportunities (orc groups and then Crushbone). That way I can see a bit of that aspect and figure out if it's something I like or not.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:14 AM
Kobold

I actually wrote a guide for this exact purpose lol. I used to be in your situation, and funny enough the more I play EQ the less respect I have for Classic WoW. World of Warcraft really did to Everquest what League of Legends did to DOTA.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Midoo%2...r_WoW_Refugees

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 06-03-2020, 09:23 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually wrote a guide for this exact purpose lol. I used to be in your situation, and funny enough the more I play EQ the less respect I have for Classic WoW. World of Warcraft really did to Everquest what League of Legends did to DOTA.

Your guide was actually what I read first [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But so far funnily enough I'm having the opposite: The more I play EQ the more I appreciate how WoW changed the genre (so far).
Old 06-03-2020, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Great read!
Old 06-04-2020, 07:14 AM
Sarnak

Indeed a good read.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:40 AM
Kobold

Good read. But as soon as you come to different classes, I disagree on many points. I recommend reading all the differences but skip the class stuff, as it is not accurate in many aspects.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:22 PM
Large Rat

If you want the real EQ experience as it was in 1999, play on Green. It is harder, night time darkness is enforced, corpse runs absolutely suck, you will die and you will de-level as much as you level. But the people you meet out in the world make it all worth it. It is game where you must work to get value. It is annoying as hell sometimes, but well worth it, when I get to level 20 magician, I felt like "wow, that was some accomplishment". When I got to 20 hunter in WoW I was like oh cool that was nice. Wow classic to me is the complete dumbing down of everything that makes EQ great as an old school RPG person. EQ2 was a mistake IMO though I played the hell outta that game too. Getting from 1-5 sucks. The beginning grind will suck. keep at it and it gets fun.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:01 AM
Skeleton

I guess this was posted twice when my posts were under mod review, and I wasn't able to reply without it going to queue until now.

To avoid confusion use this other thread instead to consolidate (and so I don't have to follow two [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ):

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=360344
Closed Thread