Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

This is what petition a camping dispute looked like back in '99.

People argue over camp.
Someone(s) petitions.
Half an hour to an hour later a guide shows up.
Much like a substitute teacher tries best to get people to listen/cooperate, but 90% of the time that doesn't work because the players know he/she can't do shit, so he/she escalates it.
Half an hour a to an hour later different guide shows same thing happens and has to be escalated again
two to three hours later a GM finally shows up, and by this time the majority of the aggrieved payers have moved on and there s nothing to resolve.

Sometimes there is even a third guide before the GM arriving.

But getting back to the OP, generally I'd avoid overcamped places. If you get lucky and chips fall right then sure enjoy being there, but the majority of the time in primetime hours it won't be worth your headaches, especially if you are primarily wanting exp.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, but what are your chances that that level 50 camping something is a well-adjusted human? Like 20% or 30% maybe?
And I don't get this logic. Eventually everyone who keeps playing gets to level 50... and maybe will want to camp an item for themselves, an alt or to sell. wtf is the problem with that?

The most vitriol (edit: at leveling camps) I find comes from twinks racing through levels who are know it alls or lower level people that are already on the cusp of burning out..
Last edited by jerryR; 06-03-2020 at 04:26 PM..
Old 06-03-2020, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrens is when people roll in with their level 50-60 druid buddy to buff them as they slay the whole zone and loot molars because mobs con blue. But of course, the super close together undercon wizard bats might be open for you to try your hand at.... good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... and then, a few months (maybe a little over a year, I forget?), just as Verant did, P99 will remove the Trivial Loot Code from the Warrens. Because as Verant found, the cure was worse than the disease.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoods21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does this get worse as you go up in levels???

I'm only lvl 9, orc camps are often camped by a single person just killing orcs and farming belts...

Today I found an empty Orc Camp 1... so I set about starting a group to get some good xp and belts... I ask in /ooc if anyone wants to start a group for orc camp 1
A high level guy responds and says "no"

So I continue searching, I find a bard who wants to join, and set about recruiting for more people for orc camp 1...

A couple minutes later, this high level toon who said "no" to me joining orc camp 1, runs up and proceeds to start slaughtering all the orcs and takes the camp.

The bard shows up, and I inform him that a high level took the camp, we split up the group and I log off.

So what I want to know, Does this type of player behavior get worse at the good hunting grounds the higher up you go in levels? Is this what I have to look forward to??? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s hit or miss. For the most part I have not found the orc camps in EC or WC to be occupied by high levels that frequently. I recently started leveling up a lowbie alt that I’d started awhile ago and hadn’t touched since, and the past few nights I’ve been in a full group at Orc 1 with Orc 2 completely open. I’ve seen WC camped by a high level a bit in that time but not too frequently.

Generally a good compromise if a high level is at a camp like this is to ask them if your group can XP there if they get to have some of the belts that drop. Many high levels will agree to some sort of deal like that and it’s a win for everybody.

Separately, if you’re running into this issue at those camps specifically I would head over to the Desert of Ro where there are a lot of Orc, Dervish, and some undead camps about the same level (Dervish Cutthroats are on the higher end though, like 10-13 I believe). People camp those Orcs in EC and WC sometimes because they frequently drop the belts that can be sold or used to level up an alt (although the XP isn’t great now that they’ve nerfed it). If all you’re looking for is XP there are many underutilized camps in the surrounding zones that I recommend checking out!
Old 06-03-2020, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what petition a camping dispute looked like back in '99.

People argue over camp.
Someone(s) petitions.
Half an hour to an hour later a guide shows up.
Much like a substitute teacher tries best to get people to listen/cooperate, but 90% of the time that doesn't work because the players know he/she can't do shit, so he/she escalates it.
Half an hour a to an hour later different guide shows same thing happens and has to be escalated again
two to three hours later a GM finally shows up, and by this time the majority of the aggrieved payers have moved on and there s nothing to resolve.

Sometimes there is even a third guide before the GM arriving.

But getting back to the OP, generally I'd avoid overcamped places. If you get lucky and chips fall right then sure enjoy being there, but the majority of the time in primetime hours it won't be worth your headaches, especially if you are primarily wanting exp.
Right when the game came out maybe. Once we put the rules in place this didn’t happen and it would be clear in the petition queue that this was an issue that had been going on for the past 30-60 minutes and had already been looked into once. If the CSR member that handled the original request was still online, which they usually were, they would handle the follow up situation and issue official warnings if people had failed to abide by the imposed compromise. If your account hit 3 official warnings, you were triggered for a suspension (can’t remember what the initial suspension time was).
Old 06-03-2020, 11:08 PM
Orc

If im camping orc camps in EC for belts and i see lowbies who need exp, I'll always pass the camp off to them. Kind of a dick move to hoard the camp like that. So if you see me at an orc camp, just send me a tell that you're forming up and I'll be more than happy to hand it over.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:45 PM
Orc

if your level 50 and farming for DF belts and dont know that EC is the worst camp for them... we got bigger issues~! go to WC more orcs, go to sro, more camps/orcs~!
Old 06-04-2020, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 doesn't pay their GMs, like on live. So GMs could actually react to petitions like camp sharing. I am not saying p99 GMs don't, but just doubt they have the time.
I’ve had GMs respond plenty of times to petitions over camp disputes over the years. They actually do a very good job at it
Old 06-04-2020, 01:44 AM
Orc

I have camped orcs before for an alt, when no one was selling, but i always go to the camp in wc, because low lvls use orc 1 , and orc 2 in ec , since they can run to tunn for buffs, or help with lord shin etc, and if that one is camped i sit by the camp and buy them s they have them .

Ive seen several 40 + camping orc 1 , and when i suggest going to wc camp because no one is there and the low lvls normally go to orc 1 as its safer then going all way to the came in wc, they replay yea that's nice , don't care i can farm belts and sell them easier here .
Last edited by Dirkdaring; 06-04-2020 at 01:46 AM..
Old 06-04-2020, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkdaring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... Ive seen several 40 + camping orc 1 , and when i suggest going to wc camp because no one is there and the low lvls normally go to orc 1 as its safer then going all way to the came in wc, they replay yea that's nice , don't care i can farm belts and sell them easier here .
Ima vote name and shame including guildtag, that sort of childish crap should be called out loud and clear. All the more so because it violates no server rules, oh, except the alleged rule #1: don't be a dick.