Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Default Is there a list/guide for gear hunting on a fresh toon as you level?

I'm already geared on Blue, but bare-ass naked on Red and faced with the challenge of hunting down my own gear, since Red's trading economy is pretty light.

Basically I'm looking for a guide that tells me what and where I can get decent low-mid level filler items as I level that I can replace plain armor pieces with, so I can save whatever money I scrounge up for the items that matter most (good weapons and HP rings, for instance)? So instead of just wearing plain Leather or Banded all the way to 50, I could be hunting down low-grade magical items, I.E things like Dwarven Work Boots and Brigandine Tunic, to fill those slots out, and hopefully have them last until Planar armor or Thurgadin armor.

Can anybody point me to such a guide?
Old 06-01-2020, 12:39 AM
Kobold

Gear Guide
Old 06-01-2020, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Pre_Planar_Gear
https://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Items
https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

Banded is a a lot better than most magic items up to 50. Ac is a huge stat.

The task master in crushbone his earrings are a nice ac pad and you can swap them for some +str rings with one of the slave quests. Check wiki.

If starting in qeynos go for the alligator tooth earrings and limestone rings.

Shop bought weapons are okay. That includes combine. By about 17 you might be able to camp an iksar berserkers club in kurn’s tower. Shortly after that you could acquire a polished granite tomahawk for your offhand.

As you level up you can collect parts for sol ro temple armour, but honestly for the price of the gems you may be able to find better things to buy (and if you look to buy you may end up with gifts).

Late 20s pick up cougar claw earrings in iceclad.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Banded is a a lot better than most magic items up to 50. Ac is a huge stat.

The task master in crushbone his earrings are a nice ac pad and you can swap them for some +str rings with one of the slave quests. Check wiki.

If starting in qeynos go for the alligator tooth earrings and limestone rings.

Shop bought weapons are okay. That includes combine. By about 17 you might be able to camp an iksar berserkers club in kurn’s tower. Shortly after that you could acquire a polished granite tomahawk for your offhand.

As you level up you can collect parts for sol ro temple armour, but honestly for the price of the gems you may be able to find better things to buy (and if you look to buy you may end up with gifts).

Late 20s pick up cougar claw earrings in iceclad.
Having Strength and Stamina on an armor piece is really that insignificant compared to AC?

I definitely have my eyes set on farming a pair of Orc Fang Earrings, and a set of Ry'gorr Chainmail eventually.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 06-01-2020 at 11:56 AM..
Old 06-01-2020, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having Strength and Stamina on an armor piece is really that insignificant compared to AC?
I would think the right answer to this would depend heavily on your class. Are we talking about a tank here?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would think the right answer to this would depend heavily on your class. Are we talking about a tank here?
A Bard.

I don't just mean Str/Sta specifically though, I mean any stat, Dex, Cha, Agi, resists, etc.
Closed Thread