Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

They did mention they liked the idea of a Quarm named server but they were saving that for another use.

I'm inclined to believe they are going to make a PoP era locked server with the name Quarm, a true Classic EQ server. If that's the case then you can complain about a lot of on-classic things they do. I hope they do it well with the proper client and everything, but I have a fear they will just Marketplace the crap out of it. Microtransactions killed MMOs. Not instancing or fast travel, just their dumb cash shops with dumb costumes, exp potions, big bags and the other nonsense they offer.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

I paid Sony long enough to play on Live for the 13 years i did. Never going back to live or to any progression type servers because it wont be anything like p99 until daybreak buys the code and opens their own version and shuts this one down :P
Old 05-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Bunch of hipsters up in here. I'll play on it for the experience. It probably won't be better than p99. But I'll enjoy it for what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bunch of hipsters up in here. I'll play on it for the experience. It probably won't be better than p99. But I'll enjoy it for what it is.
I said that when i played on Combine and then Fippy also :P
Old 05-08-2015, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I said that when i played on Combine and then Fippy also :P
Then you died?
Old 05-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

As far as OP goes, who cares? Unless you were dead set on getting numerous server firsts this is not going to affect you at all. Btw, try playing an mmo made in the past 5 years if you think exp pots make it p2w
Old 05-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

XP potions? Don't care. Game developers need to make money, and it doesn't bother me that some guy who's willing to give them more money than I am gets to be a few levels ahead.

Non-classic zones? Lame, but we're talking about giving up a hanful of old-world zones (that we can still play in classic form on P99) to get every Luclin and PoP zone, zones that we will never see here.

Boxing? I'd rather play just one character at a time, but I used to two-box on live and it wasn't that bad. Plus even if I single-box, it doesn't hurt me that someone else multi-boxes ... unless everyone multi-boxes and single-boxers can't get in to groups or raids.

Macroquest/no GMs? This one seems like a deal-breaker to me: playing with cheats is never fun. I'm not entirely sure what MacroQuest lets you do though. If it just gives the cheaters increased speed or stuff like that, then it doesn't have to stop me from enjoying the server.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as OP goes, who cares? Unless you were dead set on getting numerous server firsts this is not going to affect you at all. Btw, try playing an mmo made in the past 5 years if you think exp pots make it p2w
One of my favorite things about EQ is that you could look at someone with a high level and good gear and immediately have respect for what they've accomplished. XP potions and purchasable cosmetics undermine the work that goes into that and calls into question everyone's accomplishments.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

"They will use the same data that is on live servers, so they will be split up among levels and in most cases will have the same effectiveness. Some spells (like Harm Touch) have limits that make them do less damage on Progression servers until later expansions have been unlocked."

This is gonna be super balanced.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...32&source=Live

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=70&source=Live
Old 05-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

They should probably find a way to acquire an old database.
Closed Thread