Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought you had to do at least 1 point of damage to get exp. If pet does all the damage I didn't think you got any exp.
If this was true no one would ever try to afk pet exp.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought you had to do at least 1 point of damage to get exp. If pet does all the damage I didn't think you got any exp.
Im leveling a mage at the moment. I'm level 51 and letting pet do all of the work. I deal no damage most of the time. You still get xp but only 50%. Im getting about 10% to 12% an hour at 51. I dont know if thats good but its easy! I also have no down time.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im leveling a mage at the moment. I'm level 51 and letting pet do all of the work. I deal no damage most of the time. You still get xp but only 50%. Im getting about 10% to 12% an hour at 51. I dont know if thats good but its easy! I also have no down time.
Huh. TIL.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
question about chain-pet killing: if i send in a pet, and it does >50% dmg, dies, i send in another. does the second pet doing <50% of mob total hp yield me full exp?
You'll have to do over 50% of the remaining HP to get full XP with the second pet.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By the way you worded your question, it seems that you were under a different impression than many people who ask about this, so I'm curious... what was the lie you have been living?
I’ve been under the impression that if you don’t do any damage to pet you’ll only get 1% of the xp. This was implemented to prevent afk pet xping. I was clearly wrong for so many years 😆
Old 10-28-2020, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve been under the impression that if you don’t do any damage to pet you’ll only get 1% of the xp. This was implemented to prevent afk pet xping. I was clearly wrong for so many years 😆
This must have been something that was implemented after the P99 timeline, or it's possibly incorrect here.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make two level two necros, let your pet do 100% damage to decaying skeletons count # of kills to gain a yellow then swap and do same thing and only do one lifetap.
Feel free to test it yourself. I'm pretty sure you haven't.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:18 AM
Sarnak

I tried some chain summon today but after I /pet get and sick new pet on mob it still goes after me even if I didnt cast anything on mob. Take some time for pet to tunt it off me again. Was chain summon nerfed somehow or have I also missunderstood how that works? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-05-2020, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried some chain summon today but after I /pet get and sick new pet on mob it still goes after me even if I didnt cast anything on mob. Take some time for pet to tunt it off me again. Was chain summon nerfed somehow or have I also missunderstood how that works? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe it was nerfed and/or possibly bugged. The pet aggro gets transfered to you now when it poofs.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I believe it was nerfed and/or possibly bugged. The pet aggro gets transfered to you now when it poofs.
I've been playing a mage for about a month now and while I haven't been chaincasting yet, I have read in several places that the mages consider it bugged and it's been that way for years. Makes sense to me that the aggro would transfer to the master from a RP point of view but they say in the old days it wasn't coded that way.

Of course I can't locate any of those at the moment but I'm sure someone can...

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Closed Thread