Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Edit just for kicks, I plugged the new numbers into my sperglord calculator, and I can see why Furor was pissed. From a pure hate perspective the Blade of Strategy/Tactics combo would rank BELOW the Sarnak Warhammer/Silken Whip! The double VP stun weapons would be about 4% more aggro than even the Epic/Shissar combo that the top level TMO warriors are rocking (although of course less DPS).

That being said, -40ATK is a huge, huge debuff when it lands. And keeping aggro off casters will be substantially easier with lower hate values for their spells.

Overall I'd say its a wash, although losing 40HP on the epic does suck.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 08-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

So when you duel someone, it doesn't debuff them?
Old 08-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So when you duel someone, it doesn't debuff them?
this is a good point actually

edit: just tested this with Mikeo, no AC debuff no ATK debuff.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 08-26-2013 at 10:06 PM..
Old 08-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

big up to all of u for the R&D!

makes ya kinda wonder why the hell people pay 500k on green scales...
Old 08-26-2013, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is a good point actually

edit: just tested this with Mikeo, no AC debuff no ATK debuff.
K, I'll dump a slew of links showing it should be an AC/ATK debuff into your new thread.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:21 PM
Sarnak

so the war epics are gonna be nerfed if the fix is inputted?
Old 08-27-2013, 02:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit just for kicks, I plugged the new numbers into my sperglord calculator, and I can see why Furor was pissed. From a pure hate perspective the Blade of Strategy/Tactics combo would rank BELOW the Sarnak Warhammer/Silken Whip! The double VP stun weapons would be about 4% more aggro than even the Epic/Shissar combo that the top level TMO warriors are rocking (although of course less DPS).

That being said, -40ATK is a huge, huge debuff when it lands. And keeping aggro off casters will be substantially easier with lower hate values for their spells.

Overall I'd say its a wash, although losing 40HP on the epic does suck.
I've been using Sarnak/Whip for some time and have been pretty happy with the aggro that combo generates. I've never charted it out or done any type of analysis, but it's really not a bad way to go considering you can get both for around 7k. The high delay and -5AC on the whip are drawbacks I'm not crazy about, but I think there are a few other choices and no-drops that could probably take the whip's place and hold their own.

Recently picked up rmoy and will be giving that a try over the next few weeks. I'm not convinced the yak proc is going to be anything more than marginally better than the sarnak stun, and the ratio is pretty close to the same. Hard to think it could be worth the 50k+ premium you're going to pay over a sarnak, unless of course you've got plat to burn. I'm also not crazy about moving to a higher delay weapon in main hand, although it's only 2 points. And it just seems wrong to put a 55k weapon in offhand when it costs like 10x your mh weap?

I have heard several (new to them) epic warriors complain about the seemingly mediocre hate generation of the epic, which I actually don't mind hearing as I don't find myself sweating getting the epic as much. Sure I'll make every attempt to strive for it, but I'm not going to lose (much) sleep over it. That and I'm about 500k and a hand short atm.

Interesting thread though, been wondering why this hasn't really come up much. I guess it's just one of those "classic" things and not a whole lot to do about it.
Last edited by salimoneus; 08-27-2013 at 04:59 AM..
Old 08-27-2013, 02:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would make sense if it was changed in luclin. Because I found these:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nerf dat hp
that hp upgrade isnt from luclin but 2hander patch update in late velious . several weapons where changed , epic in this case was because the 2hander version stats where rised up. elethia had a post with the info relevant to most of the original ratios of velious weapons+ stats .

look at original primal weapons and the revamped ones and i dont mean prismatics.
Last edited by Arteker; 08-27-2013 at 02:51 AM..
Old 08-27-2013, 02:58 AM
Fire Giant

our MT always ditched epic(and it was first epic war made in solusek ro) in favour of his loved gladius(private joke for the verix and veldrak swords) for maintank often used shishar but he disliked alot dot based weapons.

when velious hit , he used veldrak + willsapper till we got him, a salandrite dagger wich used together with willsapper, then later replaced both with sods.

he keep the sods till replaced by hategiver +bloodfrenzy, that was before we realized boc was aswell changed , it used to be a glorified switblade of zek with lamy graphic.

that day we found it out guild bank cried alot since we sold 2 of them for shitty cash.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:01 AM
Fire Giant

btw thanks loraen for take ur time and be patient with me lame english , usualy i do this kind of stuff with elethia since his english is wayyyy better than mine.

most people dont take me seriusly because it .
Closed Thread