Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 08:26 AM
Kobold

Default Why do I do this to myself.....

So i posted this as a comment on another thread but it was way off topic for the thread so I assume it'll get ignored and I was looking forward to opinions on it (I assume most will be negative, which is why I chose RnF to post it under)

Let me have it yall~~~

I still dont understand why its so hard to commit to a rotation that makes everyone happy.

You put all of ToV on Rotation similar to how we had on Emarr

You have to Kill Sontalak to be put on rotation, if you are on rotation already you cannot kill Sont as to leave him there for guilds to "apply" guilds who have already demonstrated an ability to kill most the dragons in ToV solo would automatically be put onto this rotation

When a dragon spawns the guild who has the North rotation that week has 24hrs (you can shorten this timer if you want to limit the spread of spawns) to kill said dragon or it becomes open FTE

The guild who had North rotation the week before will have the West and Doze rotation the week after.

In the name of competition you leave 1 week on each rotation cycle to be a pure FTE week, and Doze and the West dragons FTE the following week to keep the cycle going

All city leaders, gods, VP and AoW would remain normal FTE

This was roughly the agreement that took place for a short time on Emarr and for the most part worked for ToV. Ofcourse you would have to figure out a system for Earthquakes (maybe make them full FTE and the current rotation guild gets bumped back a week, they could possibly even get extra mobs from this to lessen the pain of the wait extension)

If you added agreed upon race criteria for the rest of the targets you could possibly even do away with Earthquakes and Variances making it far easier for Staff and Guilds to schedule raids and kills (I would still keep Earthquakes personally as a way to stop the spread of spawns being too drawn out, but variances could go imho)

Tho this wouldnt clean up the entire raid scene it would greatly reduce the number of petitions and disagreements if it was followed, it would also allow for other lesser guilds to gear up and participate in more FTE encounters as true competition.

I always hear people saying that rotations prevent competition but this would allow not only competition to continue on all fronts, but possibly even add more competition on City Leaders AoW etc while drastically improving the overall raid scene and "fairness" to lesser guilds and guilds that prefer to do things with smaller numbers

Im sure this will go over like a lead life preserver and it surely has holes that need to be addressed but overall something like this I can only see as being a good thing for the server as a whole
Fortitude 60 Clr
Allig 60 Mnk
~Former Divinity~
Old 10-21-2020, 08:33 AM
Kobold

Possibly even make Earthquakes a planned thing at the end of each rotation cycle? Making each earthquake be the FTE slot, ofcourse this would require staff to agree (which probably isnt a thing) but I could only see this making their jobs easier and at the very least manageable.... they would know the days that things would be hectic and could be there to monitor it in real time limiting the need for petitions at all *shrug
Fortitude 60 Clr
Allig 60 Mnk
~Former Divinity~
Old 10-21-2020, 08:35 AM
Kobold

Ofcourse there would still be the petitions from the other FTE mobs etc, but by just rotationing ToV you would drastically reduce it I imagine....and many of the lesser guilds would most likely be content just having a shot at the ToV mobs and not getting into the drama of the rest of the FTE races
Fortitude 60 Clr
Allig 60 Mnk
~Former Divinity~
Old 10-21-2020, 08:36 AM
Kobold

Cool suggestion thanks for sharing

as far as im aware the current idea that's gaining most momentum among leadership is bag limits
Old 10-21-2020, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

Can't see how bag limits change much of anything at all. Neither Riot nor AG/F at this point are really bagging a disproportionate amount of any single mob, except maybe AoW and that's really only recently that Riot took back over. Every cycle where no one's bag limit locked (most of the time) will be the same confusing mess.

I'd hope the GM's say go back to the drawing board with any half ass attempt that doesn't address the root problems, or simply suspend again immediately when they see it failing.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't see how bag limits change much of anything at all. Neither Riot nor AG/F at this point are really bagging a disproportionate amount of any single mob, except maybe AoW and that's really only recently that Riot took back over. Every cycle where no one's bag limit locked (most of the time) will be the same confusing mess.

I'd hope the GM's say go back to the drawing board with any half ass attempt that doesn't address the root problems, or simply suspend again immediately when they see it failing.
Also the issue with bag limits is they'll be bag limits for those 3 specific guilds, what about lesser guilds that have shown the ability and interest in killing higher end content but either dont have the numbers or desire to participate in the drama of those other guilds.....if the main goal of this is to improve the raid scene on p99....those guilds should be considered as well, while also preserving the competitive spirit that many of those 3 guilds do enjoy.....I feel my suggestion atleast gives a path to that...
Fortitude 60 Clr
Allig 60 Mnk
~Former Divinity~
Old 10-21-2020, 08:59 AM
Kobold

I will also admit that as a member of a lesser guild, my opinion in the above comment is biased towards my own desires
Fortitude 60 Clr
Allig 60 Mnk
~Former Divinity~
Old 10-21-2020, 09:18 AM
Kobold

It has been brought to my attention that Sont might not be the best "gatekeeper" on p99, so Im open to suggestions of alternatives to that.........

One person mentioned Klandi to me, but then I think youd have to make a rule where hes left up for 24hrs before becoming FTE since people will still want the neck
Fortitude 60 Clr
Allig 60 Mnk
~Former Divinity~
Old 10-21-2020, 09:21 AM
Kobold

rotating tov would be cool

keeping something like doze competitive however would be a good compromise for neckbeards

i do think vyemm should be the gatekeeper mob, don't want a ntov slot wasted on a guild that isn't gonna down vulak
Old 10-21-2020, 09:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rotating tov would be cool

keeping something like doze competitive however would be a good compromise for neckbeards

i do think vyemm should be the gatekeeper mob, don't want a ntov slot wasted on a guild that isn't gonna down vulak

The issue with using an actual North dragon as the gatekeeper is getting ppl to agree to leave them up for an extended period so the other guilds have a chance to down him.

Also if people cant down Vulak during their slot it would become open FTE within 8-12 or 24hrs depending on what was agreed upon....and eventually as those guilds geared out theyd also eventually be able to down him....theoretically
Fortitude 60 Clr
Allig 60 Mnk
~Former Divinity~
Closed Thread