Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

shaman is the easy choice here.
Enchanters can survive a bit more if their pet breaks.
Necromancers with soulwell + more hp/mana can kill nonstop.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 10-18-2018, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros probably benefit most from a prenerf COS it's easily a 60k item
could'nt resist :shrug emoji:
Last edited by mickmoranis; 10-18-2018 at 05:19 PM..
Old 10-18-2018, 05:16 PM
Banned

as far as op's question, that monk that has BIS shit and posts videos of him soloing everything kinda implies to me that monk BIS is the most powerful character in classic EQ

https://youtu.be/dwH5myJ6CIk?t=2

Altho Im sure a warrior could do the same, but having the utility of a monk makes them able to do more? What about SK?
Old 10-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveeauxfour [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BIS monk gets pretty strong. Damage output and tankiness gets crazy, especially with discs rolling. It's like playing a different class when you get some top tier gear.

Necro vp staff also changes the class substantially.

Least milage would probably be the int casters. Though they do get access to the clicky robes and larger mana pools, the classes still play the same, it just allows players to unclench their assholes when playing.
Can you provide some examples of the substantial change in necromancer with VP staff? I have VP staff and it doesn't enable me to do any new content. It's sometimes nice solo when I'm lom and get adds. I think the necro epic is more powerful due to not losing Mana to snare resists while adding more free dmg. Vexing is better in almost all cases than VP staff and Vexing is resisted much less than snares.

I do love clickies though and the VP staff is damn fun.

P.S. I don't consider using HEBs combined with VP staff to speed up medding when I die solo/group/raid wipe as a substantial change. Getting a clicky Regen from a druid and afking or just afking when solo is less work and just as effective.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

In a lot of cases having some particular clickies both in general and class specific really makes a significant difference.

In terms of straight stats I think at this point in the timeline melees get more bang for the buck. On my Paladin I've gotten geared enough to be able to tank a lot of the harder end game content. Having a decent mana pool allows me to heal other melee through a lot of fights. Clickies like flowers, strings, beads, sow sword, etc give a lot of utility and survivability.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 10-18-2018, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
could'nt resist :shrug emoji:
I wanted one so bad, then I got one the other day for 16k + some trades.

Now I want a Soulwell staff.

That staff seems like it would be a game changer.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

From a class doing the class job in purely 1+1=2 sense... Monk by far. The way mend scales with gear is fairly broken. Warriors are a very close 2nd however. Nothing scales like warrior/monk mitigation thanks to broken lack of AC softcap here.

For a class to radically change its potential I'd agree with Gats that it's druids. No one class totally changes the potential of what is possible like a druid geared properly.

The least scaling class would likely be wizard. Nothing matters to a wizard except shissar elementalist's cane in raid scene or rend robe out of raid. Without those items you're about 4 or 4.5dps different when EC geared vs absolute BIS and max possible FT.

Everything else is just more survivability really. Enchanters in full BiS survive more often on breaks, they gain exactly zero power. Some HP regen etc yes with 10th ring etc. Shamans are much the same, you slowly pick up a few more mobs you can kill outright at peak turtle/defensive play efficiency and DS pots with max velious AC. A shaman in velious gear just kills stuff faster than one in kunark gear as you can afford to let torp drop for a tick per minute incrementally more often with every 50-60 worn AC increase.

Everything else is just par for the course really, your potential doesnt change, you just get better at what you've always been able to do.

Classes without their VP game changers vs with is the real discussion. VP is the defining zone for most classes.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you provide some examples of the substantial change in necromancer with VP staff? I have VP staff and it doesn't enable me to do any new content. It's sometimes nice solo when I'm lom and get adds. I think the necro epic is more powerful due to not losing Mana to snare resists while adding more free dmg. Vexing is better in almost all cases than VP staff and Vexing is resisted much less than snares.

I do love clickies though and the VP staff is damn fun.

P.S. I don't consider using HEBs combined with VP staff to speed up medding when I die solo/group/raid wipe as a substantial change. Getting a clicky Regen from a druid and afking or just afking when solo is less work and just as effective.
I get where you're coming from. Getting the VP staff was somewhat less "ZOMG" than I had envisioned. If we're talking about soloing hard to do stuff then Vexing is a MUST and Soulwell won't cut it. Like when you're Deflux tanking unslowed lvl 55 mobs the 122 heal per tick of Vexing is unbeatable and the scaling of Soulwell makes it a non-starter.

Where I've found the most use for VP staff has been when trying to be more effective on raids. Like when on an encounter where you can't really sit down then it's very nice to use the stick for free healing on yourself while twitching away. Then it does very much matter that you aren't spending ~500 mana on a Vexing. It's also nice with Manna Robe though that interaction is very min/max'ing.

Same when soloing trivial stuff it just makes you more effecient.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Altho Im sure a warrior could do the same, but having the utility of a monk makes them able to do more? What about SK?
A Shadow Knight benefits from high-end gearing, obviously--but a Monk benefits more. Shadow Knights can reach or exceed the AC (soft)cap with readily-acquired mid-range equipment. Monks are a leather class with generally low AC on most of their lower- and mid-range equipment. However, for some reason they get a very high AC cap, so with high-end gearing they can sort of break class balance and become a character that does Rogue-level damage while having better overall damage reduction than anything but a Warrior using his discipline. Hence why their AC cap (and, I believe, return from AC as well) was in time severely nerfed--but nerfed during Luclin, not Velious, so it's outside P1999's scope.

Danth
Old 10-19-2018, 07:58 AM
Planar Protector

Monk avoidance actually outclassed even warriors discs and the AC hardcap(there was a hardcap no softcap during velious) was easily reached hence Furor's massive bitchfest lol
Last edited by Pringles; 10-19-2018 at 08:01 AM..
Closed Thread