Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 12:03 AM
Aviak

Default Is P99 green still one day a plan?

Wondering if the plan is still to one day release a P99 green server starting fresh with a more proper timeline to velious.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

In a sense it's the entire point of the project, so it'd be pretty sad if they got this close to completing it and never finished.

Of course, that doesn't mean it's coming anytime soon ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Daybreak is busy running H1Z1 and Planetside 2 into the ground at the moment, surprised they actually announced another EQ1 expansion.

Planetside 2 has had a bug for many months where you see a max suit firing continuously. It's not actually firing continuously but they haven't fixed it. They don't fix anything. Apparently the TLP EQ servers have been fairly lawless unless you do something seriously bad.

SOE sold to a bad buyer, that's for sure. Hopefully green makes it one day and we can enjoy the original timeline as intended.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:10 AM
Aviak

From what I understand, if they don't want to 'split the server' they'd need some kind of draw - but isn't a fresh server with fresh progression always the draw? Surely you would lose (some) people from current blue/red99 but you would gain a massive influx of new people?
Old 10-12-2018, 03:21 AM
Fire Giant

moving to soon™
Old 10-12-2018, 06:36 AM
Planar Protector

Server population hasn't ever really been a concern for P99 insofar as nilbog & co. are worried about a decreasing blue playerbase - blue is overcrowded at the top end, so people moving over to the new server will alleviate a ton of problems. People will also still be free to multibox between servers, so we'll probably see an artificial increase in overall population as people keep one window up for blue while they play their new characters on green.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 10-12-2018 at 06:38 AM..
Old 10-12-2018, 07:17 AM
Planar Protector

Has an actual dev ever even said anything about a green server?

This seems like one of those things that players speculated about so much that it started to become something a lot of people think is for sure coming when there is no evidence.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't give you an ETA, but I can add some information.

Since Kunark development, we have used a rule-based system when developing content and code. What this means is the work needed to add/remove timeline features only has to be done once, and a rule applied for the era.

For example, when a server is released (original eq launch date: march 1999), rubicite and manastones should drop until ~October 1999. When a new server is launched, all that is necessary is to set the correct era rules. The era switches allow us to apply rules to spawns, loottables, items, spells, doors, tradeskills, etc so they may be enabled/disabled without even a patch.

It has been, and still is the plan to release a timeline correct server a certain amount of time after Velious is complete. Velious still lacks 2 zones; Stonebrunt and Chardok revamp. There are patches between and after those times which need to be developed.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:33 AM
Kobold

Try back in 5-10 years.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:39 AM
Kobold

Discord would have been a lot of work for a server that nobody would play on after a couple weeks. I remember Verant tried to open a discord server during kunark era, i think and they took it down after a week. Was super fun for an afternoon though.

If they do Green, I wouldn't expect it until after the last patch comes out for blue.
Closed Thread