Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 04:01 PM
Large Bat

Default Bard Song Timer Trouble (Blue)

I hope this is the right forum for this post. I have a problem where my song timer will frequently disappear right after I start singing, similar to the way it does when you miss a note, but it happens even if the song continues to play. I haven't been able to find a trigger (e.g. during a twist vs first song being cast or casting too quickly during a twist) and isn't caused by any recent patch (has been happening since I started). Does anybody else have this issue? Is there a known cause or fix? I tried searching the forums but came up empty, though I admit my searching ability is sub-par. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

The client-side casting window will disappear once in a while, so it's important to keep an eye on your song chat to see if you missed a note or not. If you haven't missed a note, you just wait until you see your song completion message appear (or song buff icon if there is one) and continue playing as normal.

Not exactly sure of the cause of this behavior, my theory is that it is when you 'almost' miss a note but 'channel' through, but there never was a "you regain your concentration and continue to sing" message implemented.

thanks,

Astuce
Old 10-28-2019, 11:24 PM
Fire Giant

Yes, this has been the case for bards as long as I've played here. Good thing about bards is all songs have the same "cast" time and by this point muscle memory has sort of kicked in where I know how long 3 seconds is between the time I hit my hotkey and when I can start the next song.

The easiest way to avoid this issue is try to not min max your "melody" and give a little time between songs. This seems to work most of the time for me, but it can still happen for whatever reason. The second thing you can do is just use visual cues so you know when the song lands whether that's via text or spell particles.

Short answer is no, this is a issue with the client and no known fix is available.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:27 PM
Large Bat

Appreciate the replies guys (or gals). Yeah, these suggested workarounds are typically what I do (spell gems, spell messages, muscle memory, particle effects, casting animations). Was hoping there was a fix though because it makes twists tough to time precisely, and also leads me to stop a song because I thought it fizzled (especially annoying when I then actually miss a note trying to recast it... >=| ). Guess I'll live with it. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:56 PM
Kobold

Download and install GINA.
HTML Code:
https://eq.gimasoft.com/gina/Download.aspx
You can set a sound to let you know if you have a true fizzle. I use this on my bard and it’s awesome.
Last edited by Bluedarksun; 10-31-2019 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: Code in the url
Old 11-01-2019, 07:47 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedarksun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Download and install GINA.
HTML Code:
https://eq.gimasoft.com/gina/Download.aspx
You can set a sound to let you know if you have a true fizzle. I use this on my bard and it’s awesome.
Sweet, thanks! I'll check it out.
Closed Thread