Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 04:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I only cast with /st /cast macros and I use shift+whatever to go through hotbar pages

Page 1: 1-4 is my normal twist, 5/6 might be selos, Mez, /assist, or a call for primary depending on what I'm doing. When I start casting 4 (which is always hymn) I swap to page 2 so I can swap to lute

Page 2: 1 is the first song of my twist, 2 is hymn, 3-6 are two inventory slots with instruments (always lute and usually drums) and primary/secondary. Most of the time I only swap to lute for hymn and dual wield for the rest of the songs (I don't think there's too much impact from most of them to have an instrument, usually). Since slot 1 is the first song of my twist, I can start casting it after hymn finishes, then swap back to weapons and go back to page 1.

Page 3: this one's for pulling, I have snare/Mez/lull on 1,2,3, inc macro on 4, 5 is selos if I'm outside

Page 4: for charms, 1 is charm, 2 is pet attack, 3 is pet back, 4 is charm message macro. I also have a button for Hide somewhere. I need to add Mez in here and make it my overall CC page I think.

I don't use my 6 key much but I think if I remap it to F or something I'd use it more. I find I can do everything quicker if I don't move my hand very far and stick to the left hand side of the keyboard
Last edited by LemmingVR; 11-11-2019 at 04:12 PM..
Old 11-12-2019, 03:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingVR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I only cast with /st /cast macros and I use shift+whatever to go through hotbar pages

Page 1: 1-4 is my normal twist, 5/6 might be selos, Mez, /assist, or a call for primary depending on what I'm doing. When I start casting 4 (which is always hymn) I swap to page 2 so I can swap to lute

Page 2: 1 is the first song of my twist, 2 is hymn, 3-6 are two inventory slots with instruments (always lute and usually drums) and primary/secondary. Most of the time I only swap to lute for hymn and dual wield for the rest of the songs (I don't think there's too much impact from most of them to have an instrument, usually). Since slot 1 is the first song of my twist, I can start casting it after hymn finishes, then swap back to weapons and go back to page 1.

Page 3: this one's for pulling, I have snare/Mez/lull on 1,2,3, inc macro on 4, 5 is selos if I'm outside

Page 4: for charms, 1 is charm, 2 is pet attack, 3 is pet back, 4 is charm message macro. I also have a button for Hide somewhere. I need to add Mez in here and make it my overall CC page I think.

I don't use my 6 key much but I think if I remap it to F or something I'd use it more. I find I can do everything quicker if I don't move my hand very far and stick to the left hand side of the keyboard
Wow. That is something!
Old 11-12-2019, 04:11 AM
Large Bat

I've bound my spell gems to the number keys and made a /stopcast macro on a hotkey that I've got bound to E. I move with WASD so hitting E between songs is pretty easy, I prefer it to double-tapping spell keys. So hotkeys 1-6 I have Stopsong, Inc, open inv slot 1, inv slot 2, primary, secondary. With assist on page 2 (shift+1). ez.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:21 PM
Skeleton

With some testing and help from a friend i was able to find a way to put 2 songs on one button. If you set it up right u can keep 4 songs up at the same time and only having to use 2 buttons to keep all of the songs up.

This is how i have them setup

Button 1 (song 1 & 2)
/stopsong
/cast 1
/pause 30
/stopsong
/cast 2

Button 2 (song 3 & 4)
/stopsong
/cast 3
/pause 30
/stopsong
/cast 4

I was testing it last night and i was able to keep 4 songs going with no issue. You will need to get used to songs sometimes dropping and have to take over manually. When it comes to switching weapons out for instruments i have them on a different hot bar page and i have gotten used to doing shift+1 or shift+2 depending on the page to quickly switch hot bars. Hope this helps a fellow bard
Last edited by Manafee; 12-02-2019 at 02:37 PM..
Old 12-02-2019, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

I would love to see a tandem video shot that has one camera fixated on the bard player's hands/keyboard and another camera portraying their game screen.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:50 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
I would love to see a tandem video shot that has one camera fixated on the bard player's hands/keyboard and another camera portraying their game screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg warcraftguy-300x225.jpg (25.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-02-2019, 07:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
go hard or go home imo. this isn't a fucking game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i'd go:

1: primary
2: secondary
3: inventory
4: inventory
5: forage
6: track

pages 2-3 would have the rp macros and all the other skills.

mean.

If you're using all 6 of your hotkeys for things like this, where are you putting your /assist and /attack buttons? Are they just on a different page of hotbar 1?
Old 12-02-2019, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manafee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With some testing and help from a friend i was able to find a way to put 2 songs on one button. If you set it up right u can keep 4 songs up at the same time and only having to use 2 buttons to keep all of the songs up.

This is how i have them setup

Button 1 (song 1 & 2)
/stopsong
/cast 1
/pause 30
/stopsong
/cast 2

Button 2 (song 3 & 4)
/stopsong
/cast 3
/pause 30
/stopsong
/cast 4

I was testing it last night and i was able to keep 4 songs going with no issue. You will need to get used to songs sometimes dropping and have to take over manually. When it comes to switching weapons out for instruments i have them on a different hot bar page and i have gotten used to doing shift+1 or shift+2 depending on the page to quickly switch hot bars. Hope this helps a fellow bard
This is the worst idea as a missed note or needing to swap to a different song is impossible bc you are locked in to the pause for a while 3 seconds no matter what
Old 12-03-2019, 01:43 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
This is the worst idea as a missed note or needing to swap to a different song is impossible bc you are locked in to the pause for a while 3 seconds no matter what
Well, it worst is subjective here. I definitely recommend having a button for each song first of all, but if there are 4 party buffs i want to keep up consistently it makes life alot easier hitting a button every 6 seconds as apposed to every 3 seconds constantly. If the first song on the macro fails you will have to wait 3 seconds to correct it, but if fails on the second song you can correct right away. Yes this is not "Meta" and i wouldn't recommend it in a raid setting by any means. This works for me and you can take it with a grain of salt if you like.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Double song macro deff sounds like a bad idea
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Closed Thread