Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 02:59 PM
Aviak

Default The upcoming 2hander buff

I have been hearing about an upcoming patch that substantially buffs 2Handers. Is this true? What exactly does it do?
Old 11-27-2017, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 October 2001, Patch Notes
Summary of Melee Changes:
Two-Handed Weapons have been given an increased damage bonus for characters over level 50. Also, certain post-epic quality two-handers have been improved.
Warriors have had their taunt skill cap increased to 230 at 60th level. Also, the Blades of Strategy and Tactics can now be used in either hand.
Rogues, as the primary user of piercing weapons, will benefit from an improvement in the quality of a few existing high-end daggers. At some future date new piercing weapons will be added to the game to fill gaps in equipment availability.
Monks will now be on an improved combat table at levels 55 and again to a better table at 60. Monks now have the ability to Triple Attack at 60th level. The minimum damage done by Flying Kick will be greatly increased for monks starting at 51st level and scaling up to level 60. We also intend to add more monk weapons in the future to fill equipment gaps.
Rangers have their Double Attack skill cap raised to 245. They have also gained an innate offensive bonus that starts at level 55 and increases until level 60. Ranger's Defense skill cap has been raised to 220, and their Riposte skill cap has been raised to 185.
Paladins and Shadowknights, besides the benefits they gain from the two-handed weapons change mentioned above, have also been moved to the same combat tables as warriors. In the future we intend to examine the existing one-handed weapons useable by knights for possible upgrades. We are also increasing the Taunt skill cap for these two classes to 220.
Bards have had their 1h blunt and 1h slash skill caps increased to 250. Their piercing skill cap has been increased to 240. Their Offense skill cap has been raised to 252. Bards are also being moved to the same combat table with all the other melee and hybrid classes (save monks who have separate tables after level 55). Bards Parry skill cap has been raised to 185 as well. Finally, the Singing Shortsword can now be equipped in the off hand and still give full song enhancing benefits.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:36 AM
Planar Protector

The 2 handed patch is within the scope of this server’s timeline. It’ll happen eventually.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 2 handed patch is within the scope of this server’s timeline. It’ll happen eventually.
^ This.

It has been stated that the Blue server will be patched all the way through Velious. It was also stated that the Blue server has essentially been the beta server for the project. These comments led into the discussion of the possibility of a Recycle (Green) server, in which they would open a new server to run along the timeline of live and it would be easy to manage at that point due to having all of the code already in place for rollout. Further along in the discussion, when the Green server hit EOL, they would possibly dump the characters onto Blue and start the next cycle on Green.

This was all stated some time ago and I haven't been around much since it was announced, so I have no clue if anything has changed. Unless it has, the patch containing the 2-hander buff should be rolled out when the devs get around to it. If I have the time later, I'll hunt the link down with this information.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This patch most likely will never see the light of day. Firstly because it is a Luclin prepatch, and secondly because it involves a lot of sh!t that I don't think the staff wants to do or considers classic.

Ontop of those melee changes listed (skill cap increases, new damage tables, weapons changes, added skills...) would also be the magic changes (resistance of raid mobs, spell crits, ect, ect).

I would be shocked to see anything like this on P99 after all the work that went into undoing these very changes
Pretty much this.

Get used to hitting for 21's with 255 str 1100+atk and a 53 dmg weapon on a hybrid
Old 12-06-2017, 06:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This patch most likely will never see the light of day. Firstly because it is a Luclin prepatch, and secondly because it involves a lot of sh!t that I don't think the staff wants to do or considers classic.

Ontop of those melee changes listed (skill cap increases, new damage tables, weapons changes, added skills...) would also be the magic changes (resistance of raid mobs, spell crits, ect, ect).

I would be shocked to see anything like this on P99 after all the work that went into undoing these very changes
There actually was a thread recently where staff said something like we've had the last patch, we're in the final era, or something like that.

I'll see if I can dig it up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Edit: found it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we are in the last era of timeline

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...4&postcount=13

So, the question is what defines an 'era'?
Last edited by Jimjam; 12-06-2017 at 06:59 AM..
Old 12-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I would be shocked if they didn't implement the patch on P99 ... possibly circa 2020, but still.

The whole point of P99 is to re-create classic EverQuest. Every time I've ever heard "classic EverQuest" defined it's been "everything up to (but not including) Luclin". This makes perfect sense both because of the team's strong hatred of Luclin, and because we know they are working on post-Velious pre-Luclin changes right now.

So while I can't read Nilbog's mind, all indications that I've seen suggest that the patch should be considered classic, and thus will be implemented (someday). Whether or not they have to undo previous work is irrelevant, because this would not be the first patch to "undo" previous changes. In fact, they've previously explained that they created a whole system which allows them to cleanly apply patches which change things (because how else would Green roll out patches in a truly classic way?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, the question is what defines an 'era'?
Usually people refer to the (original) classic era as everything up to Kunark (ie. original release + all patches until Kunark). Similarly people refer to the Kunark era as everything up to Velious (Kunark release + all patches until Velious). Again, I can't read Nilbog's mind, but it would stand to reason that the final (Velious) era would extend from Velious's release + all patches until Luclin.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-06-2017 at 01:32 PM..
Closed Thread