Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can this be the "semi-anonymous confessions of EQ" thread?
Prior to the release of Velious, while playing on Tallon Zek, I was running through Lesser Faydark on my Paladin heading to Mistmoore.

A lowbie gnome (I was a half-elf) who was still low enough to not know he needed to turn /role on /ooc'ed that he needed a port.

I /ooc'ed back that I would port him from inside the buildings in the northwest corner of the zone. The buildings in the northwest corner of the zone happen to be a brownie camp. He says he's on his way, I assume he's being sarcastic.

A few minutes later, I get a /tell that he couldn't find me and the brownies had killed him. I tell him I am inside the buildings, he says he's on the way back.

A few more minutes later, I get another tell that the brownies killed him again. I told him he needed to turn run off right before he zoned from Steamfont to LFay and move very slowly so they wouldn't attack.

Some more time passes, I get another tell that the brownies have killed him again. At this point I put him on ignore.

I always wondered what happened to him.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

gratz on your first kill. i hope this only fuels your bloodlust causes you to roll on red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-24-2015, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prior to the release of Velious, while playing on Tallon Zek, I was running through Lesser Faydark on my Paladin heading to Mistmoore.

A lowbie gnome (I was a half-elf) who was still low enough to not know he needed to turn /role on /ooc'ed that he needed a port.

I /ooc'ed back that I would port him from inside the buildings in the northwest corner of the zone. The buildings in the northwest corner of the zone happen to be a brownie camp. He says he's on his way, I assume he's being sarcastic.

A few minutes later, I get a /tell that he couldn't find me and the brownies had killed him. I tell him I am inside the buildings, he says he's on the way back.

A few more minutes later, I get another tell that the brownies killed him again. I told him he needed to turn run off right before he zoned from Steamfont to LFay and move very slowly so they wouldn't attack.

Some more time passes, I get another tell that the brownies have killed him again. At this point I put him on ignore.

I always wondered what happened to him.
I actually feel bad that I laughed at this one. Man, that's terribad.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

It's good to see the bards are starting to piss off the bards now.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:29 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-24-2015, 04:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only good bard is a dead bard!
Old 06-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oasis won, but i dig blurs new album
Old 06-25-2015, 12:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even the bard kiting 101 video over in the melee forum has two bards barking at eachother and one ending up dead.

P99 bards are one of the more remarkable classes in MMO history.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

not something scummy i did but ill confess i shed a tear over eq once as a 10 year old in classic

i was super proud of myself for knowing how to route from freeport to qeynos, and some guy offered me 50p to take him on the trip

when we got there he logged off and i just could not believe what had happened. i raged, i petitioned, i /shouted his name in vain. in the end i never saw the guy again

i will literally never forget that. real life lessons thru eq
Old 06-26-2015, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

oh and i also gave a ingame girl my address so we could be pen pals. she/he sent me a rock with a smily face sharpied on it and a lipstick mark on the seal of the envelope

i never talked to her again
Closed Thread