Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 07:46 AM
Aviak

High Value items in a pick up group generally don't have a NBG rule set, it's generally an unspoken rule that it's GBN, you ninja'd the item, abused the person that won the item originally and now you're dealing with the punishment.

A lot of people did warn you and you didn't listen.

rekt
Old 01-24-2016, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taysh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I did not leave, I stood there trying to figure the situation out before I gave a 25k item away, while standing there going to trade, the Guide who was there for about a a minute, decided to suspend me, before giving me proper chance to even trade. Terrible Guide, acted like a child, totally unprofessional.
Characterizations aside.

If what you say is accurate, then its possible the Guide reacted to soon.

I'd be looking for a review by another GM but you will need to remain calm and petition it.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 01-24-2016, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

I'm skeptical.

But it is very possible the "Stream Factor" accelerated staff action when he was legitimately processing the situation and handing over the staff.

Sort of like how police act differently when cameras are rolling, except in reverse.

If you catch my drift.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 01-24-2016, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

-You were in a pickup group in KC.
-Groups are, by default, greed before need (everyone's time is equally valuable)
-You ninja'd the most valuable item in the zone
-You rolled when they all rolled (after you'd already ninja'd what you had no right to loot)
-You failed to hand it over after you lost the roll.
-You called the winner a cunt.

In short? You're a ninja looter and a douche. You got suspended for being a ninja looter and a douche. Be thankful it wasn't a ban ... but after this whole episode ... good luck with the rest of your time on this server.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-24-2016, 10:08 AM
Banned

Your feeling of entitlement sickens me.
Enjoy your ban nerd
Old 01-24-2016, 10:24 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Your first problem was grouping with Kayyte. It's quite well known that she is fucking awful. Also, Venerate is fucking awful. Two huge mistakes.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:08 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I was the chanter in the group, and the only other member of Venerate in the group. My issues with your horrible NBG arguement is that:

1. I don't know you.
2. There is literally no caster gear in the zone, aside from the one caster ring that drops, so why would I ever group in the zone if it was NBG. Unfortunately for you, getting that specific dropable items and selling it to other monks who have farmed out 30k in plat, and saved up for a T-staff like you probably should have done instead of bitching, would be the only way I could continue to group in KC and have any chance of real gear upgrades.
3. It's the rule of the server that it has to be established by the group, and I for one won't group NBG in KC unless I'm in a group with my guildies.

In case you needed the reminder of how things work, read the rules in the forums.

"2.61 Looting

Nowhere is etiquette more necessary than in the case of looting in a group. Ninja looting a valuable item is the ultimate black mark on your name.

Rare items can drop from specific difficult mobs. When such an item drops, the group will roll dice to see who takes it, absent an express understanding that it's need before greed. To roll dice type /random 1 100..."

Your time isn't more valuable then anyone else in your group, and for the fact that that TStaff could have bought ever single item on my LVL 54 Chanter, I definately don't feel bad that it was a greed roll, only that I lost it. If it was ever NBG in LCY or Hands, monks would never be invited in. Be glad you had a group at all, because in the future, you may find that hard to do. Hell the guy in your guild was embarrassed by you.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

You really should have dropped the group and downed the mob yourself, the greedy tards sitting back at your group would have eaten a shit pie instead of their delicious t staff. Lesson learned for all future monks reading this thread.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really should have dropped the group and downed the mob yourself, the greedy tards sitting back at your group would have eaten a shit pie instead of their delicious t staff. Lesson learned for all future monks reading this thread.
This, right here.

I got a Tstaff the other day. Wasn't on this server, but it was glorious none the less.

Maybe it's time to try a friendlier place, OP? One where people are A-Okay passing on upgrades for people?
Old 01-24-2016, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

Next time drop group, and solo the easy bastard. Don't even let them know.
Closed Thread