Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Old 01-22-2024, 10:37 AM
Aviak

Default NToV Dragons Should Have Leash Mechanics

So, its no mystery rooted dragons arent classic and honestly, it kind of sucks. But I can appreciate the intent behind it.

In doing research, I found a post from a guy Quarken who logged and posted screenshots in ERA and did a full write up of various encounters.

Anywho, here is a post about Killing Dagarn where he talks about pulling dragons to different areas etc, and mentions that it was before Sony made dragons leashed to their lairs, meaning they couldnt be pulled anymore.

Aug 25, 2001;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwZLSR5MmbZ/?img_index=6

I should quickly point out that this was the NToV I fell in love with - the one where all of the dragons could be pulled to different strategic locations, before they changed it so most of these dragons didn't leave their individual lairs/caves.

Anyways, I know it might require some dev time, but would be cool to unroot dragons and leash them to their lair.
Old 01-22-2024, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Raiders were their own worst enemy here, truly forced the devs hands. Abusing superior emulator pathing to bring deep dragons to zone in? Nah.

It was a non classic change to restore a more classic raid experience. I can see leash to lair being abused somehow anyways. Even tunare trash leash call was figured out how to get bypassed.
Old 01-23-2024, 12:06 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raiders were their own worst enemy here, truly forced the devs hands. Abusing superior emulator pathing to bring deep dragons to zone in? Nah.

It was a non classic change to restore a more classic raid experience. I can see leash to lair being abused somehow anyways. Even tunare trash leash call was figured out how to get bypassed.
You can't expect players to ignore/forget over 20 years of game experience just so you can force a vision of 'classic eq' on them that you happen to prefer because you think it's better than how other people played on other servers or in other guilds.

You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. Create a 1:1 classic sandbox and let the players play. Trying to enforce a vision doesn't work. You end up with the dozens and dozens of unclassic changes that make p99 the completely custom server it is today.

Let players play.
Old 01-23-2024, 12:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Eh its pretty simple to implement a rule of no shitting up encounters. Sorry for my french but I believe thats the best way to put it. The community is pretty good about policing themselves in this regard and a Leash mechanic would be a far better experience since rooting trivializes encounters in its own way.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotterpin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't expect players to ignore/forget over 20 years of game experience just so you can force a vision of 'classic eq' on them that you happen to prefer because you think it's better than how other people played on other servers or in other guilds.

You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. Create a 1:1 classic sandbox and let the players play. Trying to enforce a vision doesn't work. You end up with the dozens and dozens of unclassic changes that make p99 the completely custom server it is today.

Let players play.
You misunderstand me a bit. I'm saying training away all the trash and getting a dragon to zone in was not possible in era, just like perfect PBAoE leveling in Chardok was not possible.

Take 'possible' with a grain of salt, sure not impossible but certainly not reliable. Mobs got hung up on pathing all the time and still do to this day on live.