Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Kobold

Default WTF is the deal with Harmony!

Just that. What the f!% is the deal with harmony. Sometimes it will pacify whatever is near and sometimes it won't do a damn thing?! I was sitting there soloing the sisters in OOT when I harmonied them and pulled one both came and destroyed me. W.....T.....F? They were harmony...Now my body is in the bottom of the ocean somewhere in OOT. Thanks whoever made harmony, GG.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

i dont remember how it is on this server but i remember back in the day the spell graphic would appear above the main and the surrounding mobs so you know they were pacified
Old 06-24-2015, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont remember how it is on this server but i remember back in the day the spell graphic would appear above the main and the surrounding mobs so you know they were pacified
Yep that's how it is here. Make sure there's no hidden ones behind trees etc OP.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just that. What the f!% is the deal with harmony. Sometimes it will pacify whatever is near and sometimes it won't do a damn thing?! I was sitting there soloing the sisters in OOT when I harmonied them and pulled one both came and destroyed me. W.....T.....F? They were harmony...Now my body is in the bottom of the ocean somewhere in OOT. Thanks whoever made harmony, GG.
My lull is doing the same thing. Casts. Gets a messaged that the mob has been made less aggressive, then both (or more!) come running. I haven't seen that before. I just figured that some mobs can't be lulled? If that's the case, wouldn't they just show an resist message?
Old 06-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Kobold

Didn't there use to be 3 ways it could land?
1. Full resist which caused agro
2. Partial resist where the spell doesn't land but no agro is generated.
3. Fully landed.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

You know to lull mob A and pull mob B, right? Lulling a mob and them pulling it does nothing; we gotta lull its buddies so they don't assist. Is that the issue?

Also, harmony and other lulls reduce a mob's aggro radius, but do not eliminate it. If it's close enough to another mob, it will still aggro. We're these two mobs close together?
Old 06-24-2015, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, that's what I normally go by. I cast on the main mob and look at the other mobs to be sure they are pacified which I did here too. The graphic went overtop the other sisters head and everyone was happy in their little dream world. Until a "Flame Lick" came smacking one of them in the face, then it was off to Ranger Gate city where all the little rangers go who don't know what happened to them.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

yeah, lull a mob.
pull his buddy.

It seems to be happening a lot that the message lands and the mob attacks with a nearby mob. BUT, if it does just reduce (and not eliminate) aggression, it's probably just how the cookie crumbles here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Been using this since early levels and for some reason, it's just failing a lot. Not the outright "failed" message--but successful message + adds. So, will keep an eye on it! Thanks to those who posted.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

you really complaining about an overpowered spell?
Old 06-24-2015, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you really complaining about an overpowered spell?
uhh, this is a classic server isnt it? The spell isnt acting like it was back in classic which is what this thread is about so please take your bloody vagina elsewhere.

The spell should be unresistable like it was back in classic and this should be in the bug report section.
Closed Thread