Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 10:24 PM
Banned

Default Willing to donate money to guide crew for another RMT ban-wave

RMT is what essentially ruined classic WoW. People en masse bought gold from gold selling sites and all raids turned into GDKP runs, the economy got so hyper-inflated that people are going to be carrying 200,000+ gold into TBC and ruining that economy the day it launches

I’m sitting here on my leather ass logging in at crazy weird hours like 4am trying to get a decent plat camp on green, and it pisses me off as someone doing the work honestly that sites online are selling pp with impunity. I bet if we could get an RMT ban wave it might actually free up some camps on Green

So I’ve already donated money once. I’ll donate again if it will mean guides start banning RMT like I heard happened to hundreds of players at a time in the past. I effing hate RMT
Old 04-20-2021, 10:37 PM
Banned

I wish the staff was more transparent about the action they take against players who use RMT. It would kind of give me faith that they actually do enforce the rules...

It's super frustrating when you see other players brazenly cheating and nothing happens to them. And usually the cheaters are also the most toxic players in the game too, it's like they are the text-book psychopaths who have no regard for society or rules, and this is reiterated by their behavior.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

I wish the staff was more transparent about anything
Old 04-20-2021, 11:13 PM
Banned

What camp triggered ops post?
Old 04-20-2021, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish the staff was more transparent about anything
Qft

And about the RMT it’s the only explanation for the permacamp situation on all the easy money camps and its gross. Enable pvp fix the economy it’s a worthwhile sacrifice for the anti pvp people who can elect to be anti PKs as god intended
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Cashing out is classic

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-21-2021, 12:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish the staff was more transparent about the action they take against players who use RMT. It would kind of give me faith that they actually do enforce the rules...

It's super frustrating when you see other players brazenly cheating and nothing happens to them. And usually the cheaters are also the most toxic players in the game too, it's like they are the text-book psychopaths who have no regard for society or rules, and this is reiterated by their behavior.
I only recently started playing P99 but I followed it for years without playing, weirdly enough. I remember hearing about a big ban wave, basically the last one that was public (and probably one of the last actual bans that happened). A major player on a RMT site basically sold out all his customers, ratted on everyone. That's how the guides found out. They act like they have some way to detect RMT but really it was someone ratting on dozens and dozens of people that did it

I wouldn't be surprised if they cannot catch RMT any other way, sadly
Old 04-21-2021, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

"Hey man you shouldn't camp this, it's not even exp for you!"

Dear asshat(s), nothing is exp for me at 60 + full yellow bar.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:53 AM
Sarnak

What makes you think RMT is going on and people aren’t just poopsocking money camps?

I suppose they have ways to detect RMT like massive one sided money trades, but that’s not really proof of anything.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

I'd love to see an RMT wall of shame.