Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-21-2018, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

Default Game crashing when I camp

I played a lot on P99 for several years and did not have any issues. I took a break for a little over a year and just reinstalled (I used the same torrent file from my original install years ago) about 2 weeks ago. I can log in and play just fine with no issues, but when camping out (both with \camp and \camp desktop) I get a crash error maybe a little more than 50% of the time. When immediately logging back in, I get an "active character" message, even though the camp-out counted all the way down and the crash occured during the loading screen. It's not much of an issue when I am camping to desktop because my play session is usually done by then, but when character swapping, it can be frustrating. Drop transfers are also very risky due to this issue.

I used the same file for installing and my hardware is the same, but one big difference is that I am connecting to the server from Japan rather than the US, as I am currently living and working in Japan. I can't think of any other relevant information to provide.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Or if any additional information is needed to help resolve this problem, I can probably provide that as well.

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Camping on crash was resolved for me by changing to XP sp2 compatibility mode (rather than sp3). I'm using W10.

-Mcoy
Old 05-21-2018, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

I find periodically moving logs to a back up location and deleting ui config files temporarily resolves problems.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:32 AM
Kobold

I did the same as mcoy yesterday no crashes logging on or out,camping since, also on Win10.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Excellent. Thank you for the suggestions! I will try these when I get home from work tonight!
Old 05-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Just to follow up, I tried the xp sp2 compatability mode. Appears to have solved the problem. 0 crashes tonight.