Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get ESET its Legit. Don't be cheap =p
I had ESET.

Virtumonde prison raped it.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

That's why I keep windows a separate partition and whenever something like this happens, I just do a clean install of windows. Takes like 30 minutes tops, and saves the hassle of trying to work around their bullshit.

I still laugh at people with store bought computers with a 1TB HD that isn't partitioned so they lose everything with a clean windows install.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

I think anyone who creates malware should be shot. These fake scanners don't generally work on internet savvy people, but ignorant people like my grandmother? They eat this shit up because they don't know any better and barely understand whats going on to begin with.

I hate assholes who prey on others for personal gain. They should all die.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate assholes who prey on others for personal gain. They should all die.
That's like... basic business sense right there.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Aviak

The most annoying one i had was something that ended up GACing the spyware DLL. Only way to fix that was to figure out which obscurely named DLL it was, rename it, and then reboot.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Solution:
RKill it from memory.
Combofix.
Malware bytes full scan.

The first two you can google and download from bleepingcomputer.
The third can also be found on google.

I keep a thumbdrive with all 3 on it. =|
this is what i deal with on a daily bases as well... do like rogean says and keep these items on a thumb drive. i charge 45 bucks to those that bring me their computer when getting this type of rootkit virus which is malware to be exact. word of advice is also don't use IE to browse the interwebs.... will help keep these off ur computer.
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 04-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

Since we're on the topic of cleaning shit off computers, Rogean, what's your opinion of PCDecrapifier?
Old 04-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Aviak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falisaty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is what i deal with on a daily bases as well... do like rogean says and keep these items on a thumb drive. i charge 45 bucks to those that bring me their computer when getting this type of rootkit virus which is malware to be exact. word of advice is also don't use IE to browse the interwebs.... will help keep these off ur computer.
Best advice ever.

1) Use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome
2) Put Malwarebytes on a thumb drive
update your thumb copy once a week or so.
3) If you're running Firefox...get the AdBlocker plug-in
4) personally, I use Avast AV (free). does a good job imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

Speaking of bullshit, my wireless card took a dump today and "Windows has recovered from a serious error" x9000+1

So I reformatted, wireless drivers still won't work and when I first loaded up I was greeted with a nice:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread