Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khysanth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes.

It functions like any other hate producing weapon (single targets), and has the added bonus of also working on multiple targets should you already have agro. It's a win/win, and why it was removed from the game.
sorry but i fail to see how the warding star produces any aggro ? its a low level self ac buff proc ? its nothing more than a off hand dps weapon and a 2nd class one at that with wurmslayer around for a long while yet till it gets nerfed to main hand only.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugmo ravesalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry but i fail to see how the warding star produces any aggro ? its a low level self ac buff proc ? its nothing more than a off hand dps weapon and a 2nd class one at that with wurmslayer around for a long while yet till it gets nerfed to main hand only.
Sorry to be so blunt, but you're just wrong. I have an Alla link in the OP and some minor googling will turn up results about how OP this weapon was (and why it was removed).

Any statistic buff cast on someone with agro will generate agro for the caster.
Last edited by khysanth; 05-11-2011 at 09:33 PM..
Old 05-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

Perfect example, Polished Granite Tomahawk, low level self only buff, produces quite a bit of agro. It's common sense people.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perfect example, Polished Granite Tomahawk, low level self only buff, produces quite a bit of agro. It's common sense people.
That produces aggro because of the second line:

2: Increase Absorb Damage by 29 (L19) to 65 (L90)

Rune procs increase aggro hugely. Statistic buffs on their own, while producing aggro, it is extremely minimal...

This weapon is a great ratio, but the proc isn't the selling point of it, it doesn't create massive AoE aggro on mezzed mobs unless buff aggro functions differently here than on live.

Runes/Regen = huge aggro
Resists/AC = minimal aggro
Old 05-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Kobold

Bump, buyout price set in OP.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khysanth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump, buyout price set in OP.
You should stop linking Alla links and start doing tests in-game if you're going to keep making the claim that this thing produces huge aggro. P1999 does not always follow Live perfectly, especially for niche items like these.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Kobold

Has been tested in-game and generates agro as intended.

Bump.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Old 05-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Kobold

This has been sold.
Closed Thread