Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 02:52 AM
Banned

Default Recharging on Red99

Emperor Rogean, blessed of Norrath and Lady Angel Nilberg, defender of the pixel and lord of the spergs, hear my plea:

Red99 suffers from the inability to recharge items. This was done to prevent charging PVP specific items such as Ivandry's Hoop and Golem Wands. This is all well and good and encourages PVP without bl;owing 8 items for instant kills.

HOWEVER, during Velious, one rechargable item in particular is particularly useful to recharge and this is the "Locket of Escape."

Without the ability to recharge, these items, which may no longer be acquired, will have to be used without possibility of recharge.

Can we have recharging turned on for this particular item?
Old 01-26-2015, 03:16 AM
Fire Giant

i think it cost 20k to recharge

Seems balanced and isnt over powered in PVP for the intent on nerfing recharging
Old 01-26-2015, 04:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 13.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Emperor Rogean, blessed of Norrath and Lady Angel Nilberg, defender of the pixel and lord of the spergs, hear my plea:

Red99 suffers from the inability to recharge items. This was done to prevent charging PVP specific items such as Ivandry's Hoop and Golem Wands. This is all well and good and encourages PVP without bl;owing 8 items for instant kills.

HOWEVER, during Velious, one rechargable item in particular is particularly useful to recharge and this is the "Locket of Escape."

Without the ability to recharge, these items, which may no longer be acquired, will have to be used without possibility of recharge.

Can we have recharging turned on for this particular item?
there's a good reason recharge was taken out, especially on this particular item.

the emperor says:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:14 AM
Fire Giant

Whats the good reason no recharging for this particular item?
Old 01-26-2015, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty big disadvantage that we can't recharge mallets also
Old 01-26-2015, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

You can turn in 4 rubies and get a mallet. Recharging the mallet costs about 4 rubies.

More tedious yes, not impossible.

But it is a shame red is unclassic with no item recharging. It really makes PvE game more fun at the high-end. Gives you new tools to work with and things to challenge yourself after 4 years Kunark. Plus it helps handle Plat inflation. So much goes into the abyss that is NPC merchants it makes sure there isn't too terribly much plat floating around.

Should just make all items with charges not work in PvP if that's your concern. Except Pumice since I know you all would complain endlessly about not being able to remove all buffs.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:34 AM
Fire Giant

They already made Ivandyr hoop not work in pvp. I think all or most instant cast items were given casting times.

Locket recharge has very little affect on pvp. Also at 20k to recharge that would take a lot a plat out od circulation
Old 01-26-2015, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Giving instant cast clickies cast times is horribly unclassic. Remove that.

Just make them not usable against players.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Giving instant cast clickies cast times is horribly unclassic. Remove that.

Just make them not usable against players.
Agree. Daldaen for Red dev.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Project Manager

There is no functionality that allows recharging on individual items. The system works as a whole, or does not at all.

Due to fervent complaints of recharging on the pvp server, it was wholly disabled.
Closed Thread