Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With 160 epic'd people getting AOE rezzed by GMs.

Thats an issue? That Beta test was a wipe at 50%.
Who needs rez when you can bind?
Old 03-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

ive seen AoW go down to 64% with 37 7-9 were clerics
decent deeps and that was without any velious gear.
anyone who thinks you need a zerg to kill AoW is dumb.

back on live kunark was out less then a year so i highly doubt anyone was even BIS kunark gear when velious released
doubt they zerged it down with BIS velious gear either.
Last edited by LostCause; 03-22-2015 at 11:22 AM..
Old 03-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They absolutely zerged him.

They couldn't tank Avatar of War with NToV shit and didn't UNTIL RIGHT BEFORE THE NEXT FUCKING EXPANSION.

It boggles my mind how some of you think he could be killable in BiS Kunark gear.

They were probably just bads that had no clue what they were doing I guess.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It boggles my mind how some of you think he could be killable in BiS Kunark gear.
The Avatar of War has a max hit of 704 against a defensive warrior. If he got unbelievably incredibly lucky, and got 8 attack rounds with 8 hits and 8 max hits, he would still not 1-round a tank with 5617 HP. Kunark tanks are damn close to this right now.

Guilds had trouble tanking him in Velious because of their shitty internet connections. If your CH chain gets lagged out for 1s (easy to do in 2000) and he gets 2-3 attack rounds in, your tank is going to die.

I personally would like to see AoW buffed a bit compared to his beta stats, but the reality is if his stats are anything close to classic he's going to die on day one to a 200 man zerg.

You really need to accept the fact that we have better GUIs, better internet connections, and more experience at this game than people did in 2000 and let go of the butthurt.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guilds had trouble tanking him in Velious because of their shitty internet connections. If your CH chain gets lagged out for 1s (easy to do in 2000) and he gets 2-3 attack rounds in, your tank is going to die.

I personally would like to see AoW buffed a bit compared to his beta stats, but the reality is if his stats are anything close to classic he's going to die on day one to a 200 man zerg.

You really need to accept the fact that we have better GUIs, better internet connections, and more experience at this game than people did in 2000 and let go of the butthurt.
Please tell me, in what game do you take the BiS gear from a previous expansion and go straight to the bosses of the next expansion and kill them on day fucking 1?

The developers at Verant/Sony would have been fired if this ever happened (some of them were anyway).

They must of had connections strung with wire and duct tape at their offices during their pre-beta testing, thats why they couldn't kill AoW with their BiS Kunark gears!!

Yes, you have more experience on P1999, however that is not experience from an actual Verant server.

GTFO with the butthurt, sorry I side with the NPC's more than the Players.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Gear checks didn't exist until gates of discord / plane of time with the introduction of capped raid instances. For all the hate against WoW they fixed zerging by having mob hp and stats go up per player on a raid.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please tell me, in what game do you take the BiS gear from a previous expansion and go straight to the bosses of the next expansion and kill them on day fucking 1?
Our situation here is a somewhat unique because we have prior knowledge of the expansion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats
GTFO with the butthurt, sorry I side with the NPC's more than the Players.
I don't know how else to describe your emotional appeals to the intentions of Verant's developers rather than the actual mechanics they created.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:11 PM
VIP / Contributor

No it isn't unique. Just because you have prior knowledge doesn't mean things are working as they did on live. We had over 80 people with BIS along with another 20-30 people who were our sister guild and close in quality of gear. The fight lasted so long, I can't even tell you if it was 35 mins or 1hr.

I know for a fact Karana and AoW on here compared to live is nothing even remotely close. Just because you can theory quest eq numbers doesn't make it so. There is a reason why two of the best guilds in EQ had to wait an entire expansion to make a real attempt on him and you can't chalk it up to "internet connections".

200 man zerg on day one even if they knew what to do, wouldn't even be close to what AoW was on live.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it isn't unique. Just because you have prior knowledge doesn't mean things are working as they did on live. We had over 80 people with BIS along with another 20-30 people who were our sister guild and close in quality of gear. The fight lasted so long, I can't even tell you if it was 35 mins or 1hr.

I know for a fact Karana and AoW on here compared to live is nothing even remotely close. Just because you can theory quest eq numbers doesn't make it so. There is a reason why two of the best guilds in EQ had to wait an entire expansion to make a real attempt on him and you can't chalk it up to "internet connections".

200 man zerg on day one even if they knew what to do, wouldn't even be close to what AoW was on live.
EVERYBODYS MATH IS ALWAYS WRONG.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because you can theory quest eq numbers doesn't make it so.
As long as you admit you don't have any mathematical basis for your opinion, I'm fine with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gyno referring to himself of course.
Closed Thread