Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

I kinda of hope this server just keeps the sleeper zone in its 1.0 state for purposes of classic. As it sounds like most every server had a sleeping sleeper until the tail end of Velious. I'd wager a decent number had him sleeping through Velious. Very few experienced sleeper 2.0 during Velious.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kinda of hope this server just keeps the sleeper zone in its 1.0 state for purposes of classic. As it sounds like most every server had a sleeping sleeper until the tail end of Velious. I'd wager a decent number had him sleeping through Velious. Very few experienced sleeper 2.0 during Velious.
it won't happen. red99 prolly going to be only place with a more extended sleepers tomb due to the invisible <empire> restricting access to sleepers.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brell Serillis - Silent Redemption - October 13, 2001 (Tunare Nov 18 , Killed AoW Jan 10 2002)
Erollisi Marr - Magister (reported) - November 3, 2001
Povar - Triton - November 3, 2001
The Nameless - Legacy of Steel - October 25, 2001
Tunare - Talisman - November 1, 2001

Those are the confirmed ones at least.
they woke sleeper before killing tunare/aow? gat dayum
Old 04-17-2015, 09:52 AM
Banned

Waking the sleep easy compared to AOW/Tunare.

Also several top servers woke the sleeper in attempts to see if there were any questlines that activate upon his release.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:04 AM
Fire Giant

What really blows my mind is they "cleared" VP July 29, 2001 (assume this means all 6 dead). This really shows the gravity of the quest and the difference our extended timeline made on this zone. These are server firsts for Brell so I guess it was a slow guild or they were really trying to have fun with the game.

It took Afterlife, arguably the most hardcore guild in the game, till Nov 11, 2000 to kill PD. Afterlife also woke the Sleeper before killing Tunare.

Friday September 14, 2001 Afterlife Awakens The Sleeper!
Saturday October 13, 2001 Afterlife Slays Tunare!

Wednesday November 15, 2000 Druid Epic Weapon Discovered!
Old 04-17-2015, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What really blows my mind is they "cleared" VP July 29, 2001 (assume this means all 6 dead). This really shows the gravity of the quest and the difference our extended timeline made on this zone. These are server firsts for Brell so I guess it was a slow guild or they were really trying to have fun with the game.

It took Afterlife, arguably the most hardcore guild in the game, till Nov 11, 2000 to kill PD. Afterlife also woke the Sleeper before killing Tunare.

Friday September 14, 2001 Afterlife Awakens The Sleeper!
Saturday October 13, 2001 Afterlife Slays Tunare!

Wednesday November 15, 2000 Druid Epic Weapon Discovered!
shrug, that's the difference between a new game and a fucking game i've played for the past gat dayum 15 years dog.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Cause no one knew shit about Faydedar and his classic Pathing suicided him into the Iksar master.

Once he was discovered as a component to the epic druids had to track for him (lol 50 track), and kite him around for hours while a kill team assembled.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cause no one knew shit about Faydedar and his classic Pathing suicided him into the Iksar master.

Once he was discovered as a component to the epic druids had to track for him (lol 50 track), and kite him around for hours while a kill team assembled.
I had a druid friend - a few friends played his account alot too when he wasn't on. I distinctly remember being on his druid and kiting faydedar for about 3-4hrs twice, once for his epic and once for another friend's. It was ridiculous.

Also, as far as VP - I don't believe it was finished when launched. Also, it wasn't launched right away, which meant that keys took awhile to get going. I remember reading some posts about broken raid mobs in there while searching for some other stuff recently. Also, Sleepers wasn't finished for a long while either. Tunare wasn't working well. There were just lots of things totally broken/buggy even significant lengths of time after an expansion went live. Here's an example - http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2001-06-16 - June 2001 ST wasn't done - Velious Launched 7 months prior!!

My personal primetime in EQ was from DoDH -> SoF. Having been at the cutting edge in those expansions, and seeing stuff that wasn't finished, was downright broken/buggy - I certainly can sympathize what sort of frustrations and shit the early uber guilds had to face. No wonder Tigole and Furor had so many rants.
Last edited by wycca; 04-17-2015 at 10:32 AM..
Old 04-17-2015, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Tunare was bugged for a long time, too.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 04-20-2015, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-will any zones remove the level restriction in PvP for red99, similar to how it works in the planes, sebilis, and veeshan's peak?
I think it would be cool if they pretty much made all the zones FFA in velious. Level 1 spies isn't good for anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Closed Thread