Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Default Enchanter SS vs. PoM Robe

I was hoping I could pick the brains of a few enchanters out there to try to determine which robe is better. (Please don't reply with something like 'get both robes for different situations').

Illusionist's Robe vs. Mischievous Dazzler Robe

The main differences I see between the robes are:

The SS Robe has..

+42 more HP (at level 60)
+6 SV Disease and +6 SV Poison
Rune IV clicky

...whereas the PoM Robe has...

+10 more AC
+8 more CHA
+4 more SV Magic, Fire, and Cold
+5 STR

Loraen estimated that each AC is worth about 2.4 HP at level 60, and with fewer interrupts from spell casting that number could go up to 3.0 HP per AC, which could effectively make the extra 10 AC worth ~30 HP. This still makes the SS Robe look better in terms of AC/HP than the PoM Robe.

However, there is the 8 additional CHA on the PoM robe. This could allow me to swap out a CHA item for an item that provides extra AC or HP. For example, I might be able to switch out my Book of Dawn for an Orb of the Infinite Void, and still be at max CHA with self buffs.

Regarding the Rune IV clicky, I don't really see it being that useful at level 60 (except for maybe in a VS fight if I go OOM). The SS Robe would edge out the PoM robe in situations like that.

Then there are the SVs. I generally find MR, FR, and CR more useful than DR and PR, so this would again put the PoM Robe ahead.

Taking everything into consideration, what robe do you think is better and why?

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2018, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was hoping I could pick the brains of a few enchanters out there to try to determine which robe is better. (Please don't reply with something like 'get both robes for different situations').

Illusionist's Robe vs. Mischievous Dazzler Robe

The main differences I see between the robes are:

The SS Robe has..

+42 more HP (at level 60)
+6 SV Disease and +6 SV Poison
Rune IV clicky

...whereas the PoM Robe has...

+10 more AC
+8 more CHA
+4 more SV Magic, Fire, and Cold
+5 STR

Loraen estimated that each AC is worth about 2.4 HP at level 60, and with fewer interrupts from spell casting that number could go up to 3.0 HP per AC, which could effectively make the extra 10 AC worth ~30 HP. This still makes the SS Robe look better in terms of AC/HP than the PoM Robe.

However, there is the 8 additional CHA on the PoM robe. This could allow me to swap out a CHA item for an item that provides extra AC or HP. For example, I might be able to switch out my Book of Dawn for an Orb of the Infinite Void, and still be at max CHA with self buffs.

Regarding the Rune IV clicky, I don't really see it being that useful at level 60 (except for maybe in a VS fight if I go OOM). The SS Robe would edge out the PoM robe in situations like that.

Then there are the SVs. I generally find MR, FR, and CR more useful than DR and PR, so this would again put the PoM Robe ahead.

Taking everything into consideration, what robe do you think is better and why?

Thanks!
I don’t think there is any compelling reason to go SS over PoM except cost/accessibility and fashion. The additional Cha allowing you to swap a charisma item for... anything, is extremely valuable and will likely offset any resists or HP amounts favored by the SS robe. Just imagine dropping an Oppaline Earring for an Earring of Essence. .

The problem is mostly that the PoM robe is extemely expensive to acquire (I saw someone selling the components for 100k) compared to the SS robe which can be farmed in HoT (go with Lord Bob if your guild doesn’t do it!).
Old 05-21-2018, 03:03 PM
Banned

I would personally choose the PoM robe if cost wasn't a factor.

But realistically it is, so SS it would be for me.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

I would normally give a longer response but I try not to let this topic trigger me anymore.

Long story short, the PoM robe is simply not worth it based on the hassle alone. If you can buy all the components then by all means grab the pom robe because if you're not a raiding enchanter it will be hard to balance hp vs mana vs cha and pom robe sports an extra chunk that will allow for an item swap.

Either robe will last you until you upgrade to vulak robe. So its personal preference but I would highly recommend getting an SS robe and calling it a day.

Another note (unpopular opinion inc) is that you do not need to be max charisma. 235 , 245 will do just fine esp if it means having alot more mana and hp. I would 100% swap book for orb unless it was putting my charisma down to like 205 buffed.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 05-21-2018, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another note (unpopular opinion inc) is that you do not need to be max charisma. 235 , 245 will do just fine esp if it means having alot more mana and hp. I would 100% swap book for orb unless it was putting my charisma down to like 205 buffed.
Another piece in all of this... I have a bag of resist and HP gear for when I’m not charming. If I’m in VP/ToV/basically anywhere that we are consistently raiding, I do not need my goblin gazughi ring, those crappy oppaline earrings, or my bracelet of quintessence. I don’t care if I’m at 20 charisma if I’m not charming, so i’ll use it in groups when I’m not charming too (rare, but it does happen on occasion).
Old 05-21-2018, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would personally choose the PoM robe if cost wasn't a factor.

But realistically it is, so SS it would be for me.
spot on
Old 05-21-2018, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Unless you already have have millions of plat and every other item you want you're far better off getting a SS robe drop and using the plat you would've spent on POM robe towards something that will actually make a huge difference at some point, like Puppet Strings.

A biased opinion though, because if the POM robe was 5k I still wouldn't wear it since I can't stand to look at it.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:07 PM
Sarnak

I spent a solid 6 months up in PoM trying to get an enchanter doll and have shit to show for it. SS and save yourself the nerd rage.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoM robe is necessary if your race is a dark elf. Any other race the SS robe. Charisma on the mischievous robe is mandatory to allow other slots to increase your Mana and HealthPoint maximums while also maxing out Charisma with Buffs
This is... not true. I have some good (but not exceptional) gear, and sit very close to 255 without epic or any NToV charisma gear (I’m wearing ancient wurmhide robe, which has no cha). I even split 15/15 int at creation. The biggest gear sacrifice is that I’m still using a crude stein. I’ll easily hit 255 and can trade gear out for more hp/resist fear with like, 3-4 minor item upgrades, which are all infinitely more achievable than PoM robe. (Sky belt, SS arms, kael 8 cha earring). I’m still wearing half loam gear too. With a PoM cloak, which is way more achievable than the robe, I’d be dumping even more gear for hp/resists.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

Thanks everyone for your input [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You've all convinced me to go for the SS Robe! As a High Elf, maxing charisma doesn't seem like it will be a problem.
Closed Thread