Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2022, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbiterBlixen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just checked the logs on one of my computers and got the following resist rates for Pox and Bane:

Pox: 27.34%
Bane: 23.07%

My impression is that common mobs for the most part have equal Disease and Poison resists. I would guess the rate is actually the same over a larger sample. This laptop had about 250 casts of each.

I'm interested to hear what your logs show. I haven't checked my other computers' logs yet.
I don't have any hard data, I've generally just seen more resists on Bane, even when the mob is Malo'ed. But let us take that off the table and assume you are right. It is very possible I am just getting bad luck with Bane, and I don't have the data to prove it either way.

Pox is still the superior spell over Bane. Both cost the same amount of mana, but Pox does more damage, and takes longer to clear. This means you have more time between Pox casts to regain your mana for the next round of DoTs, debuffs, etc.

Don't get me wrong, Bane still has it's uses. I used it a lot when soloing 4 way in Kael, because those mobs have a lot of innate HP regen. But when fighting WW Dragons, I never use it because it just wastes a lot more mana. It's much safer to kill the Dragon a bit slower, and save your mana for whatever may happen during the fight.

But when you have to pick between the two due to money concerns, Pox is the superior spell every time, and not a lot of fights (at least in my experience) require you to use both. Normally one is enough, plus your other DPS from things like JBB, Epic, and Pet.

That is why I usually put Bane at the bottom of the list of expensive spells. It is the least used of my expensive spells.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-29-2022 at 11:55 AM..