Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 04:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This on all forum post lately.

Viva la resistencia! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Boli 60 Cleric blue <Hispartans> epiced
Olob 60 Warrior blue <Hispartans>
Grimbank EC mule blue <Hispartans>
Old 06-04-2016, 05:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems weird to get free code from daybreak but then be like NO YOU CANT HAVE OUR CODE to the community.
P99 didn't get free code from Daybreak. They use EQEmu, which has been written from scratch by volunteers with no contribution from Daybreak.

As for the client software, it is used by the players who bought it from SOE back then.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
release the code plx
Would you expect Apple to release all of their software code for free after all the hard work they put in to create it? Servers like these need to be built from the ground up and these nerds have put in years of their lives in order to make this what it is. Yes, I would like them to release the code 2 so that there could be more then one big classic eq emulator but that shit just aint gunna happen pal. Regardless of all of their personality flaws, I still respect the amount of neckbearding that went into p99's code.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I still respect the amount of neckbearding that went into p99's code.
this.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

OP is a total fool, do you have any idea how much money rogean would lose by allowing other people to run everquest servers?
Old 06-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokuten99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is a total fool, do you have any idea how much money rogean would lose by allowing other people to run everquest servers?
Are you serious? Anyone can get the eqemu code and open a server, its just the p99 code that is hoarded by staff.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfftuneRZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you serious? Anyone can get the eqemu code and open a server, its just the p99 code that is hoarded by staff.
aye the open code is unplayable
Old 06-04-2016, 01:52 PM
Aviak

If you took the time to read here: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob/master/README.md you can plainly see there is an IRC channel they hang out in.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Sometimes I think R99 players forget there is a thriving blue server that runs the same code. The reason R99 is a low pop shithole that Rogean and other staff don't give a fuck about is entirely because of the cesspool community that plays on it.

The project as a whole is doing quite well.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 didn't get free code from Daybreak. They use EQEmu, which has been written from scratch by volunteers with no contribution from Daybreak.

As for the client software, it is used by the players who bought it from SOE back then.
Then replace db with emu community. I don't want the code, I get it, it makes sense, but also I could see opposing arguments. Like: if got code emu community = give code back to emu community
Closed Thread