Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People crunch the meta game EQ numbers but forget the variable called "fun".

That's how we end up with excel spread sheet and dps parsing in a 20 year old emulated eq server that everyone knows how it starts and ends.

God forbid someone plays a class they enjoy - this isnt speed run MC runs in classic wow.
From what I learned in my time on the Blue raid in no particular order

1) Rogues are the only class capable of doing damage
2) If you are not playing a warrior or cleric then you don't value other peoples time and should be killed IRL
3) The thrill of camping a mob for 17 hours straight can only be topped by the thrill of crushing your competition, therefore sharing and cooperation are not prohibited
4) A raid pull is a failure unless it comes to the zoneline completely solo within 30 seconds of spawning
5) Raiders are making plays and doing things that matter in game
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 06-22-2020, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

I'm sensing irony but not really.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:11 PM
Kobold

This thread has yielded some interesting information concerning Warriors and holding aggro.

My friend and I have been playing very casually (we can only manage to log on a few times a week for a few hours) on P99 since May. We usually duo, but occasionally form teams. I’ve been playing a Druid and he a Warrior; we at around level 19.

Recently, and on more than one occasion, he has expressed concern that he’s been playing his warrior poorly because he often has trouble keeping aggro. He’s good about using taunt, kick and shield bash every time they are up; he is not a lazy or “AFK-ish” player.

I think he will be relieved to know that his experience with Warrior is common. That the issue is with the class, not the player.

That said, can I help him out by laying down “Grasping Roots” after my DoT, then pull away from melee range for a moment so he can re-establish aggro?
Old 06-22-2020, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

I totally agree that hybids on green are total shit.

Signed - a warrior LFG
Old 06-22-2020, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread has yielded some interesting information concerning Warriors and holding aggro.

My friend and I have been playing very casually (we can only manage to log on a few times a week for a few hours) on P99 since May. We usually duo, but occasionally form teams. I’ve been playing a Druid and he a Warrior; we at around level 19.

Recently, and on more than one occasion, he has expressed concern that he’s been playing his warrior poorly because he often has trouble keeping aggro. He’s good about using taunt, kick and shield bash every time they are up; he is not a lazy or “AFK-ish” player.

I think he will be relieved to know that his experience with Warrior is common. That the issue is with the class, not the player.

That said, can I help him out by laying down “Grasping Roots” after my DoT, then pull away from melee range for a moment so he can re-establish aggro?
Taunt shouldn't be used every time its up, its for when you don't have aggro, if the mob turns to another player then you use taunt for a chance to grab it back. Taunt won't work on mobs higher level than the player so if you are fighting yellows/reds then there's no need to use it.

You can force aggro on him with root, yes. A rooted mob will attack whichever player is physically closest to him, multiple players can be in melee range and the rooted mob will attack the tank if he is closest to the mob.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Rooting mobs will be immensely helpful for him to maintain aggro as the two of you level. If you are in our door zones however, you would both be better served by snaring the mobs and having him follow it like a pet so that you need not heal him. If you choose not to kite either out of preference or necessity, he should only use taunt when he loses aggro. Taunt works by moving the user to 1 point higher than whoever is at the top of the aggro list. If your friend already has aggro, it is not useful to taunt and is actually detrimental in the event that he loses aggro and taunt has not refreshed. I hope this helps and good luck! ^^
Old 06-22-2020, 08:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taunt shouldn't be used every time its up, its for when you don't have aggro, if the mob turns to another player then you use taunt for a chance to grab it back. Taunt won't work on mobs higher level than the player so if you are fighting yellows/reds then there's no need to use it.

You can force aggro on him with root, yes. A rooted mob will attack whichever player is physically closest to him, multiple players can be in melee range and the rooted mob will attack the tank if he is closest to the mob.
he is doing it totaly wrong, with that set up the way to go would be druid pull with snare and drop few flame licks and while kite warrior should do dmg
Old 06-22-2020, 08:54 PM
Fire Giant

people are nobs or blinded by nostalgia , hybrids and special paladins were the best grp xp tanks or farm tanks in the game there was some cases in kunark and velious when some mobs would need to have a war tank for safety .
truth to be said pala agro power was unparaleled untill late pop when they ditched the massive stun nerf , but since palas where able to solo po earth xp wasnt any longer a factor.
Closed Thread