Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 07:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wckdtrb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 60, including ripostes, not including procs, max potential dps (assuming 100% hits and 100% max dmg)
the 2 1hb is 25% more dps than the IFS.
Could you share some more detail on how you calculated this?
Old 03-23-2021, 10:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you share some more detail on how you calculated this?
Sure.
The 2hb is easier, so...
(([Offense Skill] + [STR]) / 100) x [Weapon Damage]) + [Main Hand Bonus] (rounded down)
This is max dmg formula as compiled from the wiki.
Now, we need to factor in number of attacks.
(At 60, that mod is 5.07. wpn dmg is 38, mhbonus is 17 (velious) or 12 (green current).)

Now we take that + .6 that + .3125 that again (.6 = 60% double attack) and (.3125 = 31.25% triple attack)

Add another .09 that max damage again (assuming a 9% riposte at a same rate of attack as the player {this could be higher})

This gives us a max potential dmg, and we now need to divide by attacks per second, at max haste, its 0.5 (20 delay) attacks per second. This all gives us a dps of 210.92 max potenial dps

For the 1HBs its a bit more complicated, but suffice it to say, they work out to ~260

So i rouned to a rough ~25% higher.

This is all based on the wiki's formulas.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:54 AM
Banned

There are some problems with your math. First off the damage bonus for a 40 delay 2h at level 60 is 34, not 17. Second where do you get a triple attack % of 31.25? That's too high. Monks double attack at 60 roughly 40% of the time not 60%, and triple attack about 20% of the time according to the wiki but that number for triple seems high to me.

I'm pretty sure IFS dunks on addy/sos combo pretty easily, at least on blue. Obviously like baler said it depends on what you're fighting. Something with high ac you're probably going to see the dw combo out perform 2hb.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you have issues with the math update the wiki, or do the math in your own spreadsheets. As stated, everything I pulled came directly from the wiki. It might be worth remembering i did explicitly state ideal dps, not "on blue". You likely experience a 40% rate ideas due to misses, which i do not account for. I'm sharing max potential. As for 2HB bonus, I'd love the source on this please so I can update my sheets. All I have is the game code when roegan released it.

I was curious why you would critique math without proof so I looked at your forum history. You troll people. I hope my answer helps OP. If not, I hope someone else's does
Last edited by wckdtrb; 03-24-2021 at 02:19 AM..
Old 03-24-2021, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

Just FYI, Monks on Green don't get Triple Attack or scaling 2H damage bonus based on Delay until the Chardok 2.0 patch which is one of if not the final patch. That's why 2H are not competitive for DPS for much of the progression.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-24-2021, 03:31 AM
Fire Giant

Imagine thinking the wiki is an accurate source of information (especially about behind the scenes calculations)

Parser is the way to actually compare weapons.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wckdtrb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure.
The 2hb is easier, so...
(([Offense Skill] + [STR]) / 100) x [Weapon Damage]) + [Main Hand Bonus] (rounded down)
This is max dmg formula as compiled from the wiki.
Now, we need to factor in number of attacks.
(At 60, that mod is 5.07. wpn dmg is 38, mhbonus is 17 (velious) or 12 (green current).)

Now we take that + .6 that + .3125 that again (.6 = 60% double attack) and (.3125 = 31.25% triple attack)

Add another .09 that max damage again (assuming a 9% riposte at a same rate of attack as the player {this could be higher})

This gives us a max potential dmg, and we now need to divide by attacks per second, at max haste, its 0.5 (20 delay) attacks per second. This all gives us a dps of 210.92 max potenial dps

For the 1HBs its a bit more complicated, but suffice it to say, they work out to ~260

So i rouned to a rough ~25% higher.

This is all based on the wiki's formulas.
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your calculation. It’s similar to what I’ve used to get an estimate for weapon dmg. and I agree is out best guess based off the wiki.

Your right the DPS potential is very different for 2hb on green right now without he dmg bonus buff. Trolls like to point out how you’re wrong or imply your naive for using the wiki. If they’re so smart but won’t share the truth that’s really more a reflection on them than on you or anyone who uses the wiki.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine thinking the wiki is an accurate source of information (especially about behind the scenes calculations)

Parser is the way to actually compare weapons.
I agree that parses give you real world dps, but to generate conclusions, you need a statistically significant* amount of data. So I think if we had AoW parses (choosing this because its a realworld, long duration, fight, right?) of monks with both the desired weapon sets, and many sets of those, we could draw conclusions about the weapons, as well as potentially the formulas used to predict their dps.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
If you have issues with the math update the wiki, or do the math in your own spreadsheets. As stated, everything I pulled came directly from the wiki. It might be worth remembering i did explicitly state ideal dps, not "on blue". You likely experience a 40% rate ideas due to misses, which i do not account for. I'm sharing max potential. As for 2HB bonus, I'd love the source on this please so I can update my sheets. All I have is the game code when roegan released it.

I was curious why you would critique math without proof so I looked at your forum history. You troll people. I hope my answer helps OP. If not, I hope someone else's does
You have the MOD number correct but for blue (OP doesn't specify if he's on green or blue) you would use the table linked in the wiki to find the damage bonus https://lucy.allakhazam.com/dmgbonus.html. For double attack at 60 the following equation is listed on the wiki (% Chance to Double Attack Per Hit) = (Double Attack Skill Level) / ("MaxSkill"*1.05) so for 60 that works out to 250/(600*1.05) which equals .3968 or roughly 40%. Triple attack calculation is stated to be the same except 1/2 of the double attack skill so 125/(600*1.05) which equals .1984 or roughly 20%. So that's where I got my math from, all from the wiki.

Based on parses that many monks did on blue after the 2hb changes in the chardok patch IFS was competitive with epic/sos and Tstaff was better. It was only once you start getting to top tier raid 1 handers that you blow past droppable 2hb options. Also @OP setting up gamparse is incredibly easy, you don't need to be computer savvy.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

You can average multiple parses of the same encounter. IE: one vindi means nothing, 10 is a decent comparison if you used the same weapon and had relatively similar buffs.

Not to downplay the monk struggle, I dont have one, but you often only have a few choices and if you have a lot of plat only a couple. Each with nice advantages besides simple dps. Stun procs, aggro or low aggro etc. The IFS is insanely good for the plat and lightweight...my outsiders opinion is always in awe of that thing. If you have really high end raid gear I expect already parsing with a pretty firm belief on what you want or don't want.

I guess a curse of all doing good to high damage no matter what. Sweating the details and trying to keep those rogues on their toes. You are definitely less neurotic than us rangers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Last edited by Snaggles; 03-24-2021 at 01:36 PM..
Closed Thread